Wilma... wonderful, just wonderful

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Murchison

Trusty Shellback
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Already they (the weather guessers) have Wilma coming into the Gulf as a full blown hurricane, aimed at Mobile. Again. Could go anywhere from Beaumont to Tampa.
Here we go again...
Rick

Looks like she's gonna shake up The Bay Islands and Belize, then go on to hit Cozumel and Cancun at the end of the week. I guess there will be divers on the Honduran and Belize islands as well as the Mexican sites as she does, but what amzes me is that trourists will think about flying into these place right before she hits - or arrive without checking.

I hope they don't do anything stupid like close the airports here again. What a mess that was! With the upcoming WS here, a hurricane is the last thing we need.

Natasha:
I hope they don't do anything stupid like close the airports here again. What a mess that was! With the upcoming WS here, a hurricane is the last thing we need.
You don't think it a good idea to close airports when a hurricane approaches?

I suppose all the planes are flown out of harms way at the last prudent moment, and personnel want off to hide from the fury. You just want to leave the gate open for looting...??

DandyDon:
You don't think it a good idea to close airports when a hurricane approaches?

I suppose all the planes are flown out of harms way at the last prudent moment, and personnel want off to hide from the fury. You just want to leave the gate open for looting...??

Well, Don, IF a hurricane is indeed approaching then I would like to see airports close. But, until 'they' are sure which way the darn thing is going, 'they' need to make better calls before doing this. Several senior citizens ran to the airports here to leave, and were stuck in wheelchairs and in lines, for hours. In the 15 years that I have been a travel agent, and in the over 30 years a traveler, I have NEVER seen such a MESS at the airports. Let's try to be a bit more sure before evacuations are called and airports are closed.

I'm tired of hurricanes - can we get off this ride? Where is the exit? I guess we'll be glued to the news for just a little bit longer this year. hmph.

lilycat:
I'm tired of hurricanes - can we get off this ride? Where is the exit? I guess we'll be glued to the news for just a little bit longer this year. hmph.
We have evacuees who left there for the High Plains here who feel the same and ain't going back. Rush hour here means not making every light going thru town. :D

I'm playing the odds!! Grand Bahama got hit twice last year. I figure they're not due again for a long time!!

I leave Saturday for 2 weeks there!! :D

Looks like this year's season is going long. Time for another "batten down the hatches"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom