Wilma... wonderful, just wonderful

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like St. Croix is in the clear if I remember the map right. Course it would be my luck to come back just in time for it to hit Galveston.

Looks like St. Croix is in the clear if I remember the map right. Course it would be my luck to come back just in time for it to hit Galveston.
Uh, yeah, I think St.Croix is outside of the map above.
hope that Wilma is outta there
Looks like she blows by there Thursday. Maybe the viz will be good by Sunday. Have a good trip. :pilot:

This is the third dive trip I have had to cancel because of hurricanes. Two trips to the flower gardens, and I was all set to go to Coz this weekend...and now this.

Crap.

mongoose:
This is the third dive trip I have had to cancel because of hurricanes. Two trips to the flower gardens, and I was all set to go to Coz this weekend...and now this.

Crap.
Flower Gardens is always iffy. The storm should be outta Coz by Saturday, if she's not hit hard.

DandyDon:
Flower Gardens is always iffy. The storm should be outta Coz by Saturday, if she's not hit hard.

Heh.. Thing is, I was set to fly out Friday morning. Yeah, that's gonna happen... :D

Yikes! Jeff Masters is comparing Wilma to 1974's Fifi that hit Roatan so hard. He says....

"Wilma is currently at latitude 15.9, and looks like it will also be a Category 2 hurricane as it passes along the north shore of Honduras. Heavy rains will begin in northeastern Honduras tonight, and may well continue for three days. Hopefully, Wilma will pull north as forecast and not subject the entire coast of Honduras to flooding rains as Fifi did. I do expect severe flooding in northeast Honduras that will cause heavy loss of life. Better disaster prevention measures were implemented in Honduras after the devastation Hurricane Mitch wrought in 1998, so hopefully the government will be able to get the people in flood-prone areas to safe shelter and reduce the death toll."

Let's hope he's wrong. Ann, should be an interesting flight down on Sat! Too late to get trip insurance??? :wink:

Heh.. Thing is, I was set to fly out Friday morning. Yeah, that's gonna happen...
Have you called your airline about changing? Surely only evacuation flights will maybe land there Saturday.
Too late to get trip insurance??? ]
I cannot imagine leaving the US without trip or travel insurance.

DandyDon:
Uh, yeah, I think St.Croix is outside of the map above.
QUOTE]
Ok I admit it! I was so surprised to see this thing I posted before looking at the map. :06:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom