Wilma... wonderful, just wonderful

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good luck man. The winds died last night also, to the point that a dive is planned for this morning. I checked the beach cam and it looked pretty doable. However, I do not know what the conditions are right now and am passing on the dive to finish preparing for Wilma.
Hang tight ya'll it may get rough!

It's hard to make decisions when they're giving forecasts like:

It could be a one, it might regenerate and be a three but wind shear could knock it down to a two, it might be a two when it crosses the state but the speed would make the southern quadrant a three. It appears that the eye is dissolving and winds are decreasing. This is within 15 minutes.

Meanwhile the drones drone on in the keys waiting for a band so they can put their parkas on.

We went out to the beach last night... there are media satellite uplink trucks parked around, cameras set up all strategically (one so the Sanibel light house is in the background) and media set up crew dudes looking all excited. My wife and I were one of about 5 people down on the island who weren't working their lil souvenir stores. The "432 for $10 T-shirt" shops were all closed and boarded up...

Oh..now the news is on the beach right where we were... OH and the pub where Kris and I got to know eachother (Dusseldorfs on the Beach). I'm half tempted to work out sitters for an hour or so this afternoon and take the wife back out there one more time, its only 8 miles off. :)

We're expecing TS strength winds here with gusts to around 70. Any of you guys down south want to get away, PM me. I'm Right off of 41 in S. Punta Gorda.

We went out to the beach last night... there are media satellite uplink trucks parked around, cameras set up all strategically (one so the Sanibel light house is in the background) and media set up crew dudes looking all excited.
THE SHOW MUST GO ON...

Yeah, it's a bright sunny day here.......definitely looks like a diving day. And it has to get all ruined with packing up for some hurricane. Sigh. And, I'm STILL sitting here waiting for the call from work to "officially" close the office tomorrow....those execs want us to huddle down and actually work through this...........honestly.

CBulla:
we just wanted the air flow tonight. Speaking of air flow, there is NO BREEZE at all. Totally dead air.
That'll change soon :wink:

Not much going on up in Central Florida, not really seen lines for anything like gas or supplies, but then again i am all ready from the rest of the season and havent wanted to go near home depot etc in any case!!

Good luck down south, its gonna be a rough night and morning.

I tend to be Chicken Little here, while hoping for the best. Nice to see the possibilities looking better.

Hope the fellow from Atlanta has a nice trip to Rainbow River. I guess he can come back tonight and tell me I was all wrong - which is great.

Soooooo! I am at the SHELTER again for Miss Thing Wilma... This is just pure fire suck fess. I hate Mother Nature and her cruel little ungoddess like jokes. So far this time hasn't been as icky, the school is nice and clean and not very full (woohoo) I'm praying that it stays this way. We are only getting wind and rain right now and I think there's been a tornado just North of here. I'll be looking online often for updates, I have a feeling my online service wont last long.

Keep safe and germ free ya'll

Talk about fun.. we're getting little gusts now. A Large Craft Advisory has been issued.. 100 ton or more may experience rough seas over the next 24 hours. Oh, and the friggin news stations have hijacked the airwaves with continuous coverage of absolutely nothing so there is now hours and hours of speculations being broadcast from 103402 different locations along the SWFL coast in what could possibly be the path of the hurricane.... So, we've turned off the local garbage, put on movies, makin pop corn and movies and will around online until the power goes out, from there, unless the cable goes out I'll check in periodically when I run the generator :D

Shelter?? Pffsss... we've got the Viking horns down and daring mother nature to take our ship!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom