Wide masks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AZFlyingDiver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
OK, so I have a big head. Well, wide anyway. I'm currently using a Mares X-Vision, which is just okay. I really wish it were a bit wider so the sides of my eyes don't feel pushed in and I don't look like I'm wearing a kids mask :). I'm looking for a mask that's fairly wide, and still relatively low-volume. I've tried most of the "names" out there, but I'm still not satisfied. Any suggestions?? TIA!

P.S. yes, did a Search but came up with nada... any suggestions appreciated!

OK, so I have a big head. Well, wide anyway. I'm currently using a Mares X-Vision, which is just okay. I really wish it were a bit wider so the sides of my eyes don't feel pushed in and I don't look like I'm wearing a kids mask :). I'm looking for a mask that's fairly wide, and still relatively low-volume. I've tried most of the "names" out there, but I'm still not satisfied. Any suggestions?? TIA!

P.S. yes, did a Search but came up with nada... any suggestions appreciated!

Have you tried the larger of the two sizes of Atomic's Frameless?

I use the larger Atomic Frameless and it isn't as wide as the Scubapro Frameless. I bought the SP because it was on sale and it's really too wide for my head. I think the Oceanic Frameless is also too wide for my head. They're the widest ones I've ever tried on. Try them all (on your head).

I got a wide face and the atomic frameless fits very good! once you go frameless there's no going back :wink:

I use the larger Atomic Frameless and it isn't as wide as the Scubapro Frameless. I bought the SP because it was on sale and it's really too wide for my head. I think the Oceanic Frameless is also too wide for my head. They're the widest ones I've ever tried on. Try them all (on your head).

+1 on the SP Frameless being wider than the Atomic Frameless...

update...the atomic frameless did leak a bit so I went with the Atomic subframe to see how it goes. finger cross:confused:

I've had good luck with the Tusa M-14 Visulator. It looks like a huge mask but it sits pretty close and actually reasonable volume and easy to clear. In terms of leakage for my face, this is the best one so far and almost never leaks compared to other ones that were very hit and miss.

Tusa Visulator Mask (M-14)

I've been through a lot of masks (Atomic subframe; Atomic frameless; Seadive Ultra; Scubapro Scout) and finally found one that works for my big head - the Oceanic Shadow. It is not necessarily wider than the Atomic frameless but seems to fit me better. LP just put them on sale for $32.95 so I ordered another one. The Tusa Visulator is the widest mask I've seen and a good option for larger faces too.

Back
Top Bottom