Why your Avatar?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A bit late but here it goes.. Screen name from MUD/MUSH era when I came up with Catra for my Star Trek TNG game.. Was a blonde haired, blue eyed Klingon... Wanted to stand out in the crowd..

Avitar is my favorite pic of one of my fids (furred and/or feathered kid).. Bobber is a Blue & Gold Macaw.. I took it one afternoon when he was sitting on my lap being cute..

The one with the Roxy sticker is my kid's. I have a custom shaped 9-6 triple stringer. No pic.

Attachments

• dsmb & board 004.JPG
    dsmb & board 004.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 48
  • dsmb & board 003.JPG
    dsmb & board 003.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 38
BigKen since I was able to overcome anorexia, and 462 was my fire department radio number for many years.

I've thought about changing it to something better, but grrrr, seems like your addy's are like a tattoo, and sticks with ya for quite a while.

373649504_dxwGe-M.jpg
to
371840527_qfkfg-M.jpg

What ya think: Success? OK, OK, mild case of biscuit poisoning.

Safe diving,

Ken

CMOST is for nothing really to special just first initial of first name and then my last name. With all the user names that we have in this computer based world I try to keep it the same and simple so the older I get the easier I can remember it.

The avatar is something I want to do is swim with sharks. It's something on my lifes to do list!

When I was driving home from work and saw a bumper sticker with the picture of actor Hugh Laurie, as Dr. Greg House, and the words, "It's Not Lupus," I chuckled aloud. That's been a House refrain when studying difficult-to-diagnose illnesses on the TV show. For some reason I thought it would make a cool screen name. Until this summer when I was at Shark's Cove on Oahu's North Shore and I met a local diver. When I told him I'd seen his stuff on SB he asked me my screen name. I said, "It's Not Lupus." He just looked at me kinda weird.

Yep, I need a new name.

Great thread!

I like to be a little anonymous when it comes to my profession. My husband suggested I be clever about it and include it in my user name so I did.

Same applies to my avatar

Coldsmoke is light powder snow. We have lots - thank god. For those who have never skied over your head powder it's like diving only colder and faster.

What happened to the previous thread on this issue?

What happened to the previous thread on this issue?
I started one earlier this year, which is here. Both these threads are interesting, I think.

-Bryan

My buddies and all the people I lead think that I have some magical ability to always find the way. I tell them," I just feel it's that way...." and it always is. They tell me I zen dive. And my name DeeDee Davis 3D...

My avatar is my tattoo on my leg. I can't put up the other tatto here. It's a dragon sitting on my left bre..... nevermind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom