Why your Avatar?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a piano tuner. I dive as often as possible...you gotta tune a lot of pianos to go on a dive vacation.

Picture is me off Bloody Bay Wall, Little Cayman, housed nikon F100 and nikonos. Got a few shots of 10 or 12 divers on the wall. Can you see the happiness there behind my mask?

When my dog was a puppy, he could be very stubborn, so at times that was his nickname.

The picture is of a sea turtle who had a flipper amputated and was successfully rehabilitated and released back into the sea. I met her at the Turtle Hospital in Marathon (FL Keys) last year. I think her face is beautiful.

Zardoz is the name of move staring Mr. Sean Connery. It was his second post-James Bond role. For those of you who have not seen it, Zardoz is a very strange and terrible movie. I happen to enjoy horrible movies and Zardoz is on my all time top ten list of truly bad films.

So when I had to pick a unique screen name, I though why not Zardoz, since Plan 9 from Outer Space was too long.

My Avatar is a picture of Zardoz.

hansonian is a twisted version of my last name. no one's used my first name in almost 20yrs so i go by my last name. sometime over the past 2 decades it went from my original name to that and now it's stuck.

Okay, I can't remember the last time I read every single post on ten pages of posts. This is a great thread.

Screen name: Here's the back story. By the year 2000 my wife and I were having serious problems. Over twenty years of marriage we'd managed to live ourselves into an emotionally empty box of all work and no play, surrounded by a bunch of self-imposed boundaries and limitations that created a very predictable, boring future. As part of our recovery process she and I decided to live our lives together with no boundaries. If we had an idea to do something, anything, before we automatically said no to each other we'd research the interest and give it a try together. Scuba is just one of many interests we pursued, enjoyed, and continue to enjoy. NoBoundaries became our outlook on life.

Avatar: Picture of yours truly taken by my wife at one of the Pt Lobos lookouts on our surface interval after our 11th dive. That dive was the first time it was just she and I in the water together without a DM, instructor, or more experienced divers. The avatar pic will change soon, but it has great memories.

Back
Top Bottom