Why your Avatar?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My SN has two different meanings. One I happen to really enjoy beer. Two, is when it comes to chugging air so I thought it was quite appropriate for the board.

My avatar is me in my dive gear sitting in a pint of beer. How cool is that?

My avatar lives in N.C. We were doing our surface interval anchored into the "Atlas"
and preparing for our second dive there when we spotted these two dolphins about
100 yards from the boat. All of a sudden they made a beeline for the boat and I
made a beeline for the water. They graced us with their presence for 20 minutes or so.
Seemed like an unlikely pair as one was a bottlenose and the other an Atlantic spotted
dolphin. For that short time I totally forgot about the 50+ big azz sand tigers that
were 100 ft below.

My avatar was taken by a dive buddy while diving the Horizon out of San Diego. I told him I had lots of pictures of other divers but none of me. Since it fit the diving, it fit. :blinking:

My screen name is so old it was from when you had to have an 8 didgit screenname. :dork2: But it used to be Diversls. The plural went bye bye in 2005 so I now have a 7 digit screenname. :dance2:

Not sure how I got my screen name. I'am not even 52 but yes my name is Rich

I have had this screen name on AOL since 1999 when I was first certified. I have the same screen name on The Deco Stop, The Cave Divers Forum, Rebreather World, CHUM Club, MSScuba, Wakulla County Dive Club and AOL Instant Messenger.

My avatar was taken in October 2007 at Orange Grove during my cavern and twin sets training course.

My name comes from the fact I'd rather BTravlin and diving than working.

The avatar is a pic of a nice octopus encountered on a day dive in the BVI. Shopping around for a new avatar now just for a change.

Screen name: I wanted ScubaSam but according to SB it's not available so I went with the full spelling. Is there even a ScubaSam cause I've never seen him/her post?

Avatar: Taken on my birthday this year in June as my nephew and I were about to blow out our birthday candles. My nephew, drbill and I all share the same birthday.

I was a volunteer with NPS for many years with the underwater video program at the Ancapa landing cove. When I needed a screen name and other things it kind of stuck.

The avatar is from punk dolphin a print by Wyalnd I have hanging in the house. It was in vogue when I first learned to dive way back when. I saw it in an long defunct magazine "Ocean Athlete" and it seemed to suit me.

Ah... for the record, it's Outer Banks Dive Guy. Not Obnoxious Dive Guy, contrary to popular belief!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom