Why Rebreathers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want to find out more about what makes someone decide to switch over from open circuit equipment to a rebreather, and what it is like to make the transition, check out my article, "Transition to Rebreather Diving," in Issue 25 of Advanced Diver Magazine. You can order this issue from ADM or sign up to view online since it is now a back issue.

Other than being a contributing author, I have no other interest in Advanced Diver Magazine and will not profit from your decision to purchase a subscription or this single issue.

WAIT

WAIT

WAIT

:deadhorse:

just had to get that out of my system
In all seriousness, I am disappointed you, or anyone else for that matter, do not have a rebuttal. I could care less what or how you dive, but I do enjoy a civil, spirited debate, and this thread was certainly more interesting than most of the others on this board.

i can only repeat myself so many times without losing my mind

which i think i just did

there's only so many times you can say "but 1 and 1 is 2" and hear it come back, "but 2 and 1 is 3"

yeah ... no kidding ...

deadhorse.gif

Ok good..so we all agree that a rebreather is riskier than OC. Mods you may now close this thread.

...says the people that don't dive a rebreather or are even trained.

P.S. I lived through another dive.

but one and one and one

is

three

Cool, you can count to three! :D You're pre-qualified to dive rebreather! :rofl3:
Three sensors ... "3 H" ... 3 golden rules of rebreathers:
1. Always know your pO2
2. Complacency kills
3. Don't argue with strangers on the internet about RBs
:mooner:

... got to be good looking

cause he's so hard to see

...says the people that don't dive a rebreather or are even trained.

P.S. I lived through another dive.

I'm glad you're alive, because If you would have kicked it I honestly think I would have laughed...:rofl3:

I don't need to actually get in the water or formally be trained on one to form an educated opinion on it. The keyword is educated! Some of us are capable of self-educating through books, videos, and conversations with experienced individuals. While this certainly doesn't replace formal education under the guidance of a competent instructor, it does however allow me the opportunity to participate in discussions like these with a very good understanding of each sides points.

Now, back to the question you ignored earlier.

Post #61

Is rebreather diving considered technical diving?

Back
Top Bottom