Why NOT to make DIR forum opt-in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are not DIR, daniel aleman is not dir, arcticdiver is not DIR. Pretty much if you haven't taken a class from GUE or from AG or haven't dove with the WKPP/EKKP/etc then you aren't DIR. The fact that there might be debate over if AG is DIR or not doesn't detract from you being nowhere near close to DIR. Sorry.

It stands up to scrutiny just fine. It doesn't stand up to an endless stream of non-DIR people who feel offended by the name and want to redefine DIR so that they're DIR without taking a class, doing the work, or diving in any way remotely like DIR. Yeah, that doesn't work. So please, shut up and leave. And take ArcticDiver and OneBrightGator with you. Thanks.

Good. Tired of arguing with you over the other 10% endlessly on every thread in this forum. Do that somewhere else.

And here we have the perfect example of how some of the DIR crowd react to someone or anyone who is interested in a well thought, logical discussion of the strenghts and weeknesses of some DIR tenets and how they might be improved. Or, .....is Lamont one of those who claims to be DIR, without actually being so?

And here we have the perfect example of how some of the DIR crowd react to someone or anyone who is interested in a well thought, logical discussion of the strenghts and weeknesses of some DIR tenets and how they might be improved. Or, .....is Lamont one of those who claims to be DIR, without actually being so?

yeah yeah..

Can someone please turn the "opt in" switch on already?

Pretty please?

Actually, no one participating in this thread is, in this thread at least, even slightly interested in "a well thought, logical discussion of the strengths and weaknesses of some DIR tenets and how they might be improved".

This thread is for dung slingery with a few other ideas being tossed around for good measure.

And also, Lamont actually is so.

I would like to have the option to post a simple question here without having to read through 20 pages of how DIR is the stupidest thing since pet rocks.

For instance, I am thinking about taking Cave 1 in Mexico at the end of this month but I am so fresh from fundies I have some hesitation. There is no way I am posting this question here in its current state because I know that a large chunk of the replies will be about going TDI or some other agenices or I will get well meaning but misguided responses from people that have gone through a cave class from a different agency.
My recommendation is what it always has been (and a search will bear this out) take GUE-f. Move on to NAUI Master Diver when your ready.

My recommendation is what it always has been (and a search will bear this out) take GUE-f. Move on to NAUI Master Diver when your ready.

lol, you just gave the exact well-meaning but ignorant reply I want to avoid :lotsalove:

(not saying you are ignorant, just saying this is an example of a well-meaning but inappropriate answer to a DIR specific question)

Close it, quick, before DIE gets the last post. Do it. Do it now.
nah, at least one thread has to stay open to vent the excess angst and drama.

I was actually going to suggest condensing all the DIR threads into just one mega-thread. It seems like we're just going over the same issues like a CD player that keeps skipping (a broken record just sounded too anachronistic).

While I was napping on the couch today, I had this thought that the earth is a really a giant computer designed to answer the question "what is DIR?" It makes sense- a planet whose surface is 80% water with sentient beings, also mostly water. Of course, SB is the software to hash out every possible scenario of what is and isn't DIR. In the end, all the threads will be collected and condensed into the ultimate answer! I'll let lamont comment about the existence of a solution in closed form.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom