Why NOT to make DIR forum opt-in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One comment on process from an outsider. If its Opt In then make sure it is easy to execute and works. I tried several times unsuccessfully to get into the Instuctor Forum. It did not work. I emailed. No response. Kept emailing. Found out the regular approval mod was out (vacation or trip or something) the relief mod was too busy. Said it would be a couple of weeks. Never got done. Finally I gave up wasting time trying to get someone to do the work. Just in case someone is wondering....yes I am an instructor.

On the other hand, if you opt in and post a non-DIR answer you will be cursed and your manhood will fall off.

As a consolation, one could go around and rightfully tell everyone that DIR made him impotent.
One might have to embellish a little if they want to include fat and bald.

It will be relatively easy, and it will work.

On the other hand, if you opt in and post a non-DIR answer you will be cursed and your manhood will fall off.

Sort of an all or nothing approach.

:D

I'm sorry I was told this was the shrivelled up and missing manhood forum. Am I in the wrong place?????

:rofl3:

Actually there are some elements that, in my opinion, do not stand up.

yeah. i know. and i'm tired of you inserting your opinion on that into every DIR thread.

a bunch of other people don't care about your opinion because it works perfectly fine for the dives they do.

But are you mad? I have no interest in redefining that which it's originators can't seem to define. I have no interest in defining myself as DIR or as non-DIR. I have no interest in taking classes, or doing "the work" in a program that promises to have me diving as well as I expect a student completing an entry level class to dive. Get real.

1) then if you have no interest, stop posting in DIR threads. stop asking for DIR divers to define DIR for you, when you have no interest in becoming DIR. it doesn't concern you. move along.

2) tech2/cave2 requires a wee bit more skill than DIRF

And here we have the perfect example of how some of the DIR crowd react to someone or anyone who is interested in a well thought, logical discussion of the strenghts and weeknesses of some DIR tenets and how they might be improved. Or, .....is Lamont one of those who claims to be DIR, without actually being so?

No, I'm interested in that. Just not from you. Trace gave some excellent discussion of the strengths and weaknesses of DIR tenets and how they might be improved, and I read all of them. You whined about the DIR name, which I've only read a new thread about that around every 2 weeks for the past 4 years. Use the ****ing search function, already.

MODS: Please, make the DIR forum opt-in and ban fweber. Please.

Deleted

Deleted

No, I'm interested in that. Just not from you. Trace gave some excellent discussion of the strengths and weaknesses of DIR tenets and how they might be improved, and I read all of them. You whined about the DIR name, which I've only read a new thread about that around every 2 weeks for the past 4 years. Use the ****ing search function, already.

MODS: Please, make the DIR forum opt-in and ban fweber. Please.

Please, point me in the direction of Trace's excellent points.

I'm sorry that my joke about the name came across as whining. But, perhaps, if you're hearing every two weeks the same complaint about how the name implies others are somehow wrong, you might consider that a valid point and strongly support a more appropriate name. Seems GUE is in the process of dropping DIR in favor of GUE-F. And I think this would be a small start toward being able to carry on a civil discussion. Why would you oppose such an action if it would lead to better harmony and potentially more people embracing the idea of becoming better divers?

I truly did not realize how thin your and other DIR proponents skins are. I apologize for at all questioning what I've learned about DIR from the GUE texts and the GUE trained divers that I've met. I now realize that as far as you are concerned we should simply except the doctrine as it has been presented and quit looking for impovement or optimization as it relates to our dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom