Why not SPG under the left arm to left Chest D ring?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Landlocked123

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Most of my rig is DIR ...most.. thinking about switching my SPG from me left hip D ring to under the left arm, and onto my left Chest D ring. There I could literally glance down and not even have to remove it to read it. I cant think of any Cons... please fire away..

Just changed mine out to do the same!

A lot of people do just that and in open water it works well.

The hogarthian configuration is all about simplicity redundancy and streamlining.
It was borne in cave diving whare bare hands and dextatity is the norm.

The spg clipped to the chest will hang down and catch lines, dig into the bottom in low sections .

I run my spg On the left hip (DIR STYLE) but I run 2 D rings on the left 1 dam near touching the back plate and the other forward 2 inches or so.
The only thing I clip to the back ring is my spg . Stages go on the lower one.

Practice and muscle memory talks time to build but I prefer a clean kit compared to unnecessary solutions to problems that don exists.

I have no problem pulling my SPG off the hip D ring, with 5 mill gloves. So not trying to solve for lack of practice but was curious about the pros and cons of each method. I also dont see how it will dangle but I will know more after I test it on Saturday.

The spg clipped to the chest will hang down and catch lines, dig into the bottom in low sections .
There's this 'new thing' called line awareness. I've never had mine line trapped.

My SPG comes over the left shoulder and clips to the inside of the left D-ring. However, I'm moving to wireless sensors, so this will become moot.

There's this 'new thing' called line awareness. I've never had mine line trapped.

My SPG comes over the left shoulder and clips to the inside of the left D-ring. However, I'm moving to wireless sensors, so this will become moot.

You can have all the awareness in the world . It's still a dangely and dangelys get tangled.

I'm sure you are a far more skilled and graceful diver than me so you must be right.

Back
Top Bottom