Why not Fundies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CoolTech:
But, you've doubled your post count due to this issue, Andy!! :D

yeah, well, my goal was to cube it ... but hey, i take what i can get

:wink:

TheRedHead:
.......... Mine allowed us 1 finger at the end of descent to establish correct bouyancy and that was the extent of contact with the bottom. And we had to frog kick for the entire course.

OK so you're kidding, right? Why would any tech instructor allow even that much? That is totally the wrong message.

H2Andy:
dude, i said "most others."

wish people would READ before criticizing

in addition to NAUI, there's also the "Essentials" class, but i am not sure what agency offers that class

No foul, bro. FYI ... I think Essentials is offered by GUE. It has been discussed a few times in this thread.

yeah, i had missed who exactly offered it

Scuba_Steve:
OK so you're kidding, right? Why would any tech instructor allow even that much? That is totally the wrong message.

I think that is pretty strict for most technical instruction. We were making hot drops in heavy current and descending pretty fast to prevent getting blown off. I think it was prudent in the circumstances.

sometimes there are things more important than not putting a finger on the bottom

in fact, in high current, i use the bottom all the time ... and i never silt it :wink:

Scuba_Steve:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hahahahaaaaa!

Sorry, it just struck me as very funny

H2Andy:
sometimes there are things more important than not putting a finger on the bottom

in fact, in high current, i use the bottom all the time ... and i never silt it :wink:

Do you dive doubles in strong currents?

H2Andy:
dude, i said "most others."

wish people would READ before criticizing

in addition to NAUI, there's also the "Essentials" class, but i am not sure what agency offers that class
NAUI ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

TheRedHead:
Well, you don't need to take Fundies. Fundies appear to me to be a subset of technical diving skills, modified and packaged under the name of GUE-DIR. The skills are common to many tech agencies and many kinds of diving including wreck and cave.
Yes... thus the topic at hand :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom