Why No HOG Reg Reviews in Recreational Dive Magazines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally I think that the HOG D1 sticks a little further over the tank valve knob than a MK25 or other balanced pistons designs. Do I think it obstructs it? No, not if put on using your grey matter.. :)

It is definitely not a problem expecially once you get used to it. But coming from Mk25, I did feel the 1st stage when I was trying to grab the wheel for the first a couple of dive. After that, since I know what I am looking for, so even if my hand touched the 1st stage first, I know it is not what I want. With Mk25, it is totally out of the way. Just a personal experience when I first made the switch.

I dive both MK25 and MK17 with diaphragm facing outwards. HOG sticks out about a much as MK17.
While you do feel that the reg sticks out my dive buddies have never accepted it as an excuse for why my valve drills suck so much.

Personally, the reason to use a piston reg on a stage is that if the stage happens to flood you can pull it apart wash everything and pull it back together within minutes and get away with it without having a brand new service kit. I'm thinking a remote location ok.

With a diaphragm as soon as you open it you need to change the diaphragm as you'll never be able to seat it the same way was it was before.

Stages could be unattended so flooding them may be a larger risk when compared to a tank on your back.

However, this has happened to me once in 12 years.

D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

To answer the OP, it has been confirmed the EDGE EXP and the EDGE EPIC will both be in this years July Scubadiving magazine in their SCUBALAB Regulator round up. We were up against lots of good regs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom