why is the thread gone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NadMat

DIMWIT Swamper ;)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am trying not to complain, but someone has removed a thread that was on topic and current from texas swamp divers forum. While there was a problem with some advertising posting by member buba dives in the thread, and I am glad to see them gone, the rest of the thread covered lake conditions and should not have been removed.

I know moderating is a thankless task, but If you're going to do something, do it correctly or just don't bother. I appreciate the effort it can take to be a mod, but when an entire useful and ontopic thread is removed just because of a couple of spam posts, rather than just removing the spam and giving the spammer a timeout, you have just made scubaboard a less useful resource to me, and this type of 'I am to busy to do it right' moderation will affect whether I feel that renewing my membership is worth the bucks. thread is gone, and should it stay that way I feel that moderation has taken a giant step for the worst on this board. If you have time to remove a thread you can take time to note why, and in this particular instance you should not have removed the thread at all, just a couple of offending posts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom