Why Don't you Have a Pony yet?...or ever

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redhatmama:
Yeah, you are right. I can't even remember how I got opted in to this forum since I never dive solo. Must have been CrishCrash. He's a legend....

Chris, what a guy. He is selling his gear if anyone is interested... to pay for rent.

I don´t solo (much) either...
I just like the freedom and atmosphere of the place...and of course the people :dance: :fruit: :monkeydan :pftroest:

I had been kicking the thought of a pony around for some time. My decision was to put a 300 bar H-Valve on my 130 with a redundant reg bungied around my neck. My gas management is pretty good, so the only scary thoughts were 1st stage failure, and deco demands. Anything above 60' I can CESA.

I still have my eye on a 19 for stage purposes. Coming up from 130' I would like to have a 50% oxygen mix to stay in the safe zone.

BIGSAGE136:
I had been kicking the thought of a pony around for some time. My decision was to put a 300 bar H-Valve on my 130 with a redundant reg bungied around my neck. My gas management is pretty good, so the only scary thoughts were 1st stage failure, and deco demands. Anything above 60' I can CESA.

I still have my eye on a 19 for stage purposes. Coming up from 130' I would like to have a 50% oxygen mix to stay in the safe zone.

Coming up from 130 50% is probably going to shorten your deco more but you'll need a larger stage.

R..

why don't I know crishcrash? he sounds so nice...

well, Dennis finally explained to me about going through the hole "sideways". I was thinking you all meant horizontally......am I smart enough to go diving?

I got here a bit late in the discussion. I'm afraid its all too confusing for me. I'm simply going to bring a spare 80 with reg, computer, BCD and be done with it. I'll strap it on my kid's back and tell him to stay close.

ItsBruce:
I got here a bit late in the discussion. I'm afraid its all too confusing for me. I'm simply going to bring a spare 80 with reg, computer, BCD and be done with it. I'll strap it on my kid's back and tell him to stay close.

But, that wouldn't be solo diving.

Well, that begs the question of sling or mount then. He'd be easier to manage if he was slung....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom