Why do you dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Louma:
I am writing an article on this subject for a dive training magazine (translation - no money) and could use a few more good reasons why we divers dive. So if you think you have a good/great reason -- let me know!

to get away from people like you

JulieParkhurst:
The Men, Divers are so sexy

agreed!------but since my instructors are in there 20's and I'm in my 50's ---as a happily married woman it's SAFE to look......

to experiece the creators creation------He's such an artist------and to feel hightened awareness of my own body's function, weightless, controlled, relaxed breathing.....

escape from the everyday world, connection with a different world...

so therapeutic..... I come home relaxed and smiling.....

Louma:
I am writing an article on this subject for a dive training magazine (translation - no money) and could use a few more good reasons why we divers dive. So if you think you have a good/great reason -- let me know!

I dive for the pure pleasure of being underwater. Even better is the fact that I get paid to do it.

So I get to fly like Superman.

In the recreational sense; it affords me the opportunity to escape the rigours of life!! It makes me feel free and capable and such an adrenaline rush!! Love it

Like many have said before, to relax. There is nothing like the solitude... just you and your buddy ( in my case my girlfriend) It is endless memories for us together and later in life to share with our families. :)

I dive because 80% (and growing) of the earth is covered with water and I want to see as much of the planet as possible. Plus all the reasons's above (except the dry suit underwear one, although it is kinda like those footie pj's I had as a kid)

cause it keeps the morons away that get on my nerves at the surface :) and even the biggest loudmouth has to shut up finally

Cause its fun , and i like the water

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom