Why do we hate the Air2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aaaaarrrrrgh! Doesn't anybody know how to spell "breathe" anymore? "Breath" is a noun. "Breathe" is the verb. "I needed to breathe, so I took a breath."

Isn't that one of those mute points?

How about the potentially fatal problem of a BC inflator sticking on? In cold water and thick gloves (or mittens) it is nearly impossible to disconnect the inflation hose instantly on a standard inflator.. With an Air 2 it is much. much easier and quicker.... To me, it definitely solves a problem.

Okay, since you brought it up, what you do is get one of those nifty little things that DSS sells that goes on the inflator hose and allows you to disconnect the inflator easily with heavy gloves. Then, after you've saved your life from the stuck inflator you still have an alternate air source. In your solution to the potentially fatal problem you just create another one; no air to your alternate 2nd stage. Good thinking!

Edit: I see someone else beat me to it by a breathe. I guess it's nothing to loose my cool about.

Okay, since you brought it up, what you do is get one of those nifty little things that DSS sells that goes on the inflator hose and allows you to disconnect the inflator easily with heavy gloves. Then, after you've saved your life from the stuck inflator you still have an alternate air source. In your solution to the potentially fatal problem you just create another one; no air to your alternate 2nd stage. Good thinking!

Edit: I see someone else beat me to it by a breathe. I guess it's nothing to loose my cool about.

Aaaaahhhhhh!!! Will it never stop?

Glad to be able to breath a little life into this thread...

Is this really an issue? How many cumulative (or is it serial) and independent failures do recreational divers plan for? A stuck inflator and then a failure of the second stage of the other regulator.. .. all on the same dive... what are the chances of that? I'm not sure, but i would just use my pony bottle reg...

I've had a thousand of dives with the air 2 and it seems to be robust and reliable to me. In any case, with all the screwed up recreational scuba configurations that recreational divers use...worrying about the inflator choice is more like "take the plank out of your own eye first " sorta thing..

Dang it, dD, you did that on purpose!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom