Why do SOME people disrespect US Divers regulators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with Uncle Ricky on the quantatative tests and how USD regs stand out. However, the most important test is the "Tommy Exam." That what is comfortable to Tommy and that which suits Tommy's needs is A number One.

My first regulator was an Aqualung and I still have it and it still works. Peer pressure and the quest for name brand pulled me away to other brands but the Legend made me switch back. What an outstanding piece of equipment!

The same ones who would diss on any brand of equipment are like the Ford owners who diss on Chevy or vice versa. Those who drink Miller Lite who diss on the Bud Liters and vice versa. etc etc etc. Personally I like the beer that when you pop the top the tab stays attached instead of coming loose. That is the kind of beer I like.

Next time that someone disrespects your brand of regulator, just do like me and Uncle Ricky. Be the first off the boat and the last back on and you don't have to sit around and listen to their pferdescheiss.

USD Divers had a poor reputation due to some quality control issues (mostly with BC's) in the late seventies and some divers still remember that or still remember someone who remembers that saying something.

In my opinion USD/Aqualung make some excellent first stages and over all they offer a great value for the money and are equal to or better than most other regs in their price ranges.

As a company, Aqualung, along wth Scubapro, is one of the extremely rare companies that continue to offer parts and service support on nearly all the single hose regs they have made in the last 30 plus years.

Mechanical tests often do not tell the whole story and what is in my opinion much more important is whether an individual diver likes the way their reg breathes. Lots of divers means lots of different tastes and preferences. In some cases that even means divers who are often not very knowledgeable and/or are well indoctrinated with the result that they are instead more concerned with running with the herd in terms of owning a particular brand or model of regulator.

As long as you like your reg, don't sweat what other people think of it.

Back
Top Bottom