Answered: Why do I have to go looking for my own threads?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Viewing SB on smartphone with phone in portrait mode - that’s how I find my threads. View attachment 758968

1671207704520.png
That is probably the easiest, thanks. This is how you find that option on a larger display:

Viewing SB on smartphone with phone in portrait mode - that’s how I find my threads. View attachment 758968
Marie, I was doing basically the same thing, and until I turned off "Unread", my posts were not showing up on the list of "New Posts". My point was that IMHO, I believed that New Posts should include all New Posts including my own (which it now does) and I shouldn't have to look for them.

View attachment 758971That is probably the easiest, thanks. This is how you find that option on a larger display:
That would find only my threads.

If, however you go to the filters on the New Posts, and uncheck all of them, then you will see all New Posts including your own and those from other people. That is how I ultimately resolved it.

Screenshot 2022-12-16 at 11.23.58 AM.png

Marie, I was doing basically the same thing, and until I turned off "Unread", my posts were not showing up on the list of "New Posts". My point was that IMHO, I believed that New Posts should include all New Posts including my own (which it now does) and I shouldn't have to look for them.
The only difficulty I see with your analysis is that it doesn't find just your posts, but all new posts. The Unread Filter doesn't specifically remove your posts, but rather threads in which you've commented, but which have not had a new comment.

I'm not picking on you, but just adding info for those reading along.

If you're looking for a thread of yours that you've already recently checked, but which has not had a subsequent unread post, then Forums|Threads|Your threads is the best approach.

If you're looking for a post of yours in a thread that you've already recently checked, but which has not had a subsequent unread post, then Forums|Threads|Threads with your posts is the best approach.

If you're looking for recent posts by anyone, even if you've already read them, then your approach of turning off the Unread filter in New Posts is the way to go.

I hope this clarifies the new system a bit.

... If you're looking for recent posts by anyone, even if you've already read them, then your approach of turning off the Unread filter in New Posts is the way to go.

I hope this clarifies the new system a bit.
Thank you. This ^^^ is exactly what I was trying to do, to set it up so that when I come here, I will see all recent posts, and now, that is what I am seeing.

Back
Top Bottom