Halcyon Focus 2.0 - Question about Sealant for Screws

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I recently removed my Goodman handle on my Focus 2.0 and I was surprised to see the four screw holes on the light actually penetrate into the inside of the light body. The screws I removed appeared to have some dried up gunk around them that looked to have been red at some time, so that got me questioning... is there some form of sealant or thread locker I should be applying to those screws when putting this back together to prevent water from getting into the body of the light through those screw holes?

If the holes completely penetrate the delrin housing send it back, they were overdrilled and its a defect. The lighthead should not be relying on sealant to keep from flooding.

If the holes completely penetrate the delrin housing send it back, they were overdrilled and its a defect. The lighthead should not be relying on sealant to keep from flooding.
Unless there's delrin inside the light, I'm talking about the metal body of the light itself. There are four screw holes on the bottom of the metal light body that appear to go all the way into the light body interior (can't see much of the inside since the holes are small), but it's an all metal exterior as far as I can tell. Regardless of material, these shouldn't fully penetrate though? If so, I'll contact Halcyon.

Ok, I spoke to Halcyon and confirmed all's good. Sealant isn't needed, but Loctite can optionally be used. I was mostly concerned about what appeared full penetration into the body of the light through the screw holes (photo below). Turns out what I assumed were internal components at the bottom of each screw hole are just part of the helicoils and despite appearances, the holes do not penetrate into the inside of the light body.

Attachments

• 1701209947477.png
    1701209947477.png
    555.1 KB · Views: 38

Back
Top Bottom