Answered: Why do I have to go looking for my own threads?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoag

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Since some recent upgrades to ScubaBoard have taken place, I have noticed that if I want to see threads that I have started, I have to go looking for them in the actual place where they are posted. They do not show up in the "New Posts" areas. When I go to "What's New" > "New Posts" or to , "Forums" > "New Posts" my own threads do not appear.

I noticed this recently when I posted a trip report and again when I listed some items for sale in the Classified: Photography threads.

Is there a setting that was "reset" during one of the recent upgrades that suppresses seeing my own threads automatically in the "New Posts" section and if so, how do I put it back the way it was?

Thank you.

You can go to your profile to find all threads you've started, but if you go to the top and click on watched threads it should have you automatically watching threads that you've started and posted in, in order of most recent post.
1671203237501.png

You can go to your profile to find all threads you've started, but if you go to the top and click on watched threads it should have you automatically watching threads that you've started and posted in, in order of most recent post.
View attachment 758958
About 5 minutes after I made this post, I realized that I had my filters set so that I would only see "Unread" threads. Once I de-selected that, the threads which I started have appeared. I have already reported my original post on this and asked the Mods to remove it since it is no longer valid.

About 5 minutes after I made this post, I realized that I had my filters set so that I would only see "Unread" threads. Once I de-selected that, the threads which I started have appeared. I have already reported my original post on this and asked the Mods to remove it since it is no longer valid.
But if they do that, then you won't be able to find this thread... I'm so confused.

You can also search for posts using the Advanced search option using a considerable number of criteria including:
  • Keywords — just use a common letter like "e" or "a" if there are none
  • Posted by — member name(s)
  • Newer than date
  • Older than date
  • Minimum number of replies
  • Title Prefixes — or any
  • Specific forums — or any
You can also display results only as threads instead of individual posts.

You can also search for posts using the Advanced search option using a considerable number of criteria including:
  • Keywords — just use a common letter like "e" or "a" if there are none
  • Posted by — member name(s)
  • Newer than date
  • Older than date
  • Minimum number of replies
  • Title Prefixes — or any
  • Specific forums — or any
You can also display results only as threads instead of individual posts.

One would think that I shouldn't have to "Search" for my own posts.

I found out what I had wrong in my filters, so the problem is resolved.

There is also the "Find Threads" menu entry (on my mobile phone) that sits right below the "New Posts" entry. By default find threads shows a list of threads that I have started.

I only know about this because every now and then I miss the new posts and hit find threads.

Viewing SB on smartphone with phone in portrait mode - that’s how I find my threads.
75FFACC3-9AFF-414B-82CC-162FE65D77BF.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom