Why did you become a diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe other women are different... but snotty nosed men in neoprene suits just don't do it for me... :wink:

Yes, but I'm an incredibly charming, handsome, young, fit offshore commercial diver who travels the world in a swirl of adventure and daring. Did I mention I wear a Rolex. We should probably date.

P.S. I wipe the snot off my nose and wash the neoprene smell off my perfectly sculpted body before I reach port.:D:D:D

Last edited:
Yes, but I'm a incredibly charming, handsome, young, fit offshore commercial diver who travels the world in a swirl of adventure and daring. Did I mention I wear a Rolex. We should probably date.

P.S. I wipe the snot off my nose and wash the neoprene smell off my perfectly sculpted body before I reach port.:D:D:D

Hmmm tempting... Do you also come with a spare set of scuba gear that is better than the stuff I have? :p

Hmmm tempting... Do you also come with a spare set of scuba gear that is better than the stuff I have? :p

I come with a lot of things. I'm sure a spare set of SCUBA gear that is better than the stuff you have could be easily arranged. :cool2:

Sad thing about neoprene is it makes you want to get back in the water yet its like a skunks spray. No matter how hard you scrub it seems to just be locked on for the day!

I always thought I would be more in to wreck diving but man those reefs sure are addictive so Id say reefs tend to be my sunken treasure!

My husband made me do it....

Well, he didn't make me, but he wouldn't shut up about it. We had done a discovery scuba at Ginnie Springs a few years before and I really didn't enjoy it, so the thought of getting certified didn't interest me. So just to shut him up, I had to take the class with him. I figured I would go thru the class, get the cert and never dive again. I somehow made it thru the pool dives, was tramatized by the beach dives, but became addicted on the boat dives. Fast forward 2 years, I am just finishing up my DM cert and just signed up for Fundies.

Whoda thunk?

My husband made me do it....

Well, he didn't make me, but he wouldn't shut up about it. We had done a discovery scuba at Ginnie Springs a few years before and I really didn't enjoy it, so the thought of getting certified didn't interest me. So just to shut him up, I had to take the class with him. I figured I would go thru the class, get the cert and never dive again. I somehow made it thru the pool dives, was tramatized by the beach dives, but became addicted on the boat dives. Fast forward 2 years, I am just finishing up my DM cert and just signed up for Fundies.

Whoda thunk?

Very cool story. Are you suggesting that I find a girl to date that has no interest in diving and force her into it?

:rofl3:

Very cool story. Are you suggesting that I find a girl to date that has no interest in diving and force her into it?

:rofl3:

There is an idea! it would get alot more people into diving!!

The reason i got into diving (just got certified), i did a dive in aruba years ago and loved every minute of it and always wanted to but never had the time and recently just said do it and now i am certified!

I wasn't really interested in Scuba Diving a few years ago. I have had chances to get certified before, but since my wife hares water I figured there was no reason to get certified. One day one of the members of my Venture crew expressed his interest in getting Scuba certified since the rest of his family was certified, I thought that would be fun for the crew to do and we scheduled a Discover Scuba class at the LDS. After that class I have been hooked!

I ended up getting my OW and AOW completed before my Venture crew began their classes. Myself and one of my crew members have gone on and finished the Rescue cert. I am currently getting ready to start my Divemaster training in Sept (if I can get enough money by then) so I can take my scouts out without the need of another Divemaster with us.

Last week I broke down and bought a used Dry Suit and it has made me excited for Winter so I can take the Ice Diver cert class.

I didn't think I would get so hooked, but all other hobbies that I was in before this one have all taken second fiddle to Scuba. My wife hates it though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom