Why breathe from a long hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to have non-split fins, I loved them, they were pink. Lost them at Monastery.
Now I have invested not only $140-$150 on the split fins, but another $70 recently on the spring straps. Those are some pretty expensive fins!

I used to have non-split fins, I loved them, they were pink. Lost them at Monastery.
Now I have invested not only $140-$150 on the split fins, but another $70 recently on the spring straps. Those are some pretty expensive fins!

As long as you like them, dive them and be happy.:wink:

Hey Teamcasa, how far is the diving from Corona? Looks like I will be there for a hockey tourney there late December/early January and then again in May. I know we drove through Pasadena to get there. Should I bring my gear?

Hey Teamcasa, how far is the diving from Corona? Looks like I will be there for a hockey tourney there late December/early January and then again in May. I know we drove through Pasadena to get there. Should I bring my gear?

From Corona, it about an hour or so to some nice shore diving. 90 minutes from Long Beach and some great boat dives. One way or the other - BRING YOUR GEAR!

Let us know, I'm sure there are lots of folks (including me) that if our schedules match, would love to go diving with you.:wink:

Pink fins :) Did your wetsuit match?

If you loved your old fins and want a spare set, djust keep an eye on the classified sections here and at the other sites you may just find another pair of more rigid fins. I picked up my warm water jets for $30 - and often spring straps, at least the ones by XS scuba, can be moved from one set of fins to the other - it's easy ;-).

Awesome, thanks Dave. I'll let you know as soon as I get the schedule, it's usually over Christmas break, and if last year is any indication, there really isn't anything to do in Corona. Let's see, there is laser tag and go-kart racing. Fine for the kids, not so OK for me, I'd rather be getting wet. Since I am driving I have no problem bringing both hockey and scuba gear :)
Yay! Potential new dive sites! My boss was just telling me today I need to get out more and do diving in different places (this coming from the guy who was just in Fiji, or Galapagos, or Roatan, or Hawaii, or Africa, etc.)
I've already done the Disneyland, Knotts, Magic Mtn., CA Adventure, Universal Studios, all last year. The expense is killing me!

Some of us appreciate buddies who stay close and don't wander off (or allow us to wander off) alone. :D It sounds like you're very conscious about trying to be a great buddy and thinking about what you can do to be as safe as possible. Kudos for that, and I'd dive with you any day.

Absolutely.

Let's get in the water some time.

Yeah, I am moving away from the pink gear and replacing it with non-pink gear.
I found that my old pink mask leaks less now than my new blue one, so I'm switching back to that one, and my pink snorkle, well, I'll have that till I lose it. I actually went without a snorkle on my second dive yesterday, I felt like such a rebel! It was the first time ever without a snorkle, it was almost liberating. I switched masks and didn't feel like moving the snorkle over as I wasn't sure how well mask #2 was going to do. Did perfect. It's pink, but it doesn't leak. Which would you choose? :)

I'd definitely choose the mask that doesn't leak.

If that's a pink mask, so be it. Just wear it like a rock star :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom