Why are so many female divers codependent?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess I am not the norm either. I love the water and had been deep water snorkeling and freediving for years. Really wanted to dive so gave hubby the nudge and he persevered over a few years to where it is actually enjoyable to him.
His in completely obsessive about the equipment. This is a good thing in my book. He can clean and pack and I will gladly hand him the coronas.
Big Beefy man good for hauling too the bags:wink:

One of the reasons we have been happily married for 33 years is because we know our roles.
If I had to I could assemble my own gear. But he wants to. so I guess I would fall into that codependent wife diver category.

I don't think it is a culture thing , or because women are not mechanical. I think it is because that is how GOD wired men.

A major problem today is that some people have listened to too many "experts" and they are no longer in tune to the role God intended.

Hmmm how about that.

so women are not mechanical... and god wired men, I see. The version I got god made men out of dirt, in your version it was wired? I like that.

wow, if it wasn't because I believe this is a troll I could get typing for the next few minutes. But just in case I guess I should return my engineering degree, and quit my job, then again I did go for electrical engineering, I wonder if it was because down deep I knew I wasn't mechanical.

wow, if it wasn't because I believe this is a troll I could get typing for the next few minutes. But just in case I guess I should return my engineering degree, and quit my job, then again I did go for electrical engineering, I wonder if it was because down deep I knew I wasn't mechanical.

Or maybe you went for electrical engineering because you wanted to find out why us guys are "wired" differently... :p

FB-Florida Scuba Diver

Holy carp! You mean I did five years as a mechanic and I was supposed to FAIL?!?!?!?! :shocked2:

'course, I went for Electrical Engineering, as well; the mechanical engineering seemed too easy . . . .

Reactions: Ana
Or maybe you went for electrical engineering because you wanted to find out why us guys are "wired" differently... :p
who knows? perhaps I should ask my husband... maybe I can bother him with my silly ideas after I set up his dinner and listen to the real important things he may want to talk about.

Reactions: Jax
Holy carp! You mean I did five years as a mechanic and I was supposed to FAIL?!?!?!?! :shocked2:

'course, I went for Electrical Engineering, as well; the mechanical engineering seemed too easy . . . .

now now... don't be so loud, go and find your place. Get tuned on the role god intended for you.

now now... don't be so loud, go and find your place. Get tuned on the role god intended for you.

You are so right! :thumb:

Let me put my combat boots on, pick up my M16, and get back into the fray!

Reactions: Ana
OLD THREAD BUT....

I cannot read through 40 pages of this stuff, but I do feel compelled to say something to the OP which I believe is important.

During about 17 years of teaching technical diving programs, I have been fortunate enough to have a lot of women in my classes. Generalizations accepted, they have -- to a woman -- been great fun to work with. They have been attentive, creative and contentious. Few of them -- actually none that I can recall at the moment -- have allowed their gonads to participate in their decision-making process and fewer still have allowed them to interfere with the critical tasks required of risk management.

Some of them have gone on to conduct kick-ass dives, and a few have gone on to become accomplished tech-instructors.

Codependency is not exclusive to females and neither is it only found in heterosexual couples. Not sure this is a meaningful answer to the OP's question...

BUT it's all I have.

Come on be fair. I am not saying women aren't mechanical,etc. ( I am very mechanical, probably more than most men)
I was saying that men are naturally protective of women (yes by design). And I don't know many women who dont appreciate that trait in a man.

I guess I should have said women aren't codependent, its the man's fault as they tend to be overprotective (is that more PC?)

To everyone - so it doesn't look like I'm responding to anyone in particular

I think a lot of people see something, make something up, and pass judgement, when they really have no stinking idea what is going on.

Whatever reason the guy schleps tanks, let it be enough that he wants to schlep tanks. No one has to meet YOUR narrow-minded definition of what "should be".

Stop deciding what people are or are not, because you are NOT them and have no right to pass judgement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom