DIR- GUE Why are non-GUE divers so interested in what GUE does?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They got it all right 20 years go IMO

I've got a 20 year old dive rite classic wing (horseshoe) that I like to break out every now and then. It's like a comfortable shoe.

The reason the forum was opt in years ago was because those that didn’t understand DIR and had questions were getting garbage answers. It wasn’t to protect the people that actually understand DIR. It was to try to allow those with questions to get accurate answers.

It doesn’t work though. I think I lasted less than 6 months. There was one other mod who didn’t fair much better and Lamont was a saint who soldiered on for quite a while. It was an impossible task though because some of the biggest strokes that insisted on filling the forum with non-DIR answers and other stupidity were, other mods.

This thread is a perfect example. The argumentative train wrecks get all of the eyeballs. There is very little interest in getting good DIR answers. Most of those threads would be two posts long and are a bit boring.

I've got a 20 year old dive rite classic wing (horseshoe) that I like to break out every now and then. It's like a comfortable shoe.
With a truck inner tube protecting the bladder right? I still probably have a few in a box too. No idea if it would still hold air though.

I haven't looked at this thread since page 2. I assume by now there is a broad consensus on the answer. Can someone please share it?

:)
Apparently unless you've received the secret handshake supposed to hate GUE, wipe your butt with their magazine and pee on their blog. But post extensively in the DIR forum cause you "don't care" and "don't have a dog in this fight". Oh and complain that your way is "just as good" and whine about the lack of cross-over opportunities.

With a truck inner tube protecting the bladder right? I still probably have a few in a box too. No idea if it would still hold air though.

Is there any other way? :D

It was an impossible task though because some of the biggest strokes that insisted on filling the forum with non-DIR answers and other stupidity were, other mods.
Really? Looks more like the pro-gue power users are in the majority. By quite a bit.
Seems like if don't love everything about gue you're a hater.
This thread was addressed to non-gue divers and I don't see the other threads in this subforum being 'filled' with non-DIR answers.
Maybe some of you guys should try to feel less like victoms and try not take a couple of gue-scientology jokes too seriously. Maybe you guys can talk about this at the next meeting at the compound.

This thread really takes me back. In my own little florida bubble it seems this was all a thing of the past. We got sidemount connections being made in the WKP even. Everyone getting along fine

Guess on the internet this is still a thing
Maybe you should quit diving deep air and come back to the warm embrace of the cult?

Really? Looks more like the pro-gue power users are in the majority. By quite a bit.
He used past tense.
He didn't claim anything regarding the majority of the users, just about filling threads with non-DIR content.
Even if the DIR croud is the majority, that's doesn't says anything whether threads are being filled.

Damn, I enjoy your posts . A miss on every possible point.
Seems like if don't love everything about gue you're a hater.
Reasonable assesment assuming the aforementioned comprehension skills.
This thread was addressed to non-gue divers and I don't see the other threads in this subforum being 'filled' with non-DIR answers.
Maybe you are not a big fan of DIR and GUE to check regularly.
Maybe you cannot assess easily what is DIR if you don't train to such standards?
Maybe some of you guys should try to feel less like victoms and try not take a couple of gue-scientology jokes too seriously.
Most if not all jokes in this thread about GUE was told by GUE trained divers. Maybe repetitive offtopics or plain toxicity is appreciated less by some.
Maybe you guys can talk about this at the next meeting at the compound.
Only if the standards allow it so.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom