DIR- GUE Why are non-GUE divers so interested in what GUE does?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I recall you’re something of a sidemounter yourself
Despite my C2 card, I fell from the glorious grace of OC backmount quite a few years ago.
36802016_10156466834979376_2709525641039970304_n.jpg

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This thread was locked today for about half an hour while mods went through and deleted 15 or 20 posts. Reopening the thread now, please remember to play the ball, not the man.

This has been answered multiple times by multiple people. So you're either choosing to ignore/negate the point or didn't read the comments.
Oh...I read all of the multiple comments. Some were pro and some were con. I just have no way of knowing if they were made by an idiot or not.

Oh...I read all of the multiple comments. Some were pro and some were con. I just have no way of knowing if they were made by an idiot or not.
Honestly, you should just meet some of the local GUE folks at one of their planned dives. You can even show up with split fins. Not an issue.

I think the perception you will have of meeting the community in person will be polar oppoiste impression than what you are forming here on SB.

There's a reason why many divers avoid SB, and this thread is exhibit A.

My comments about it weren't meant seriously. Just saying. I think that may have gone over some people's heads.

Honestly, you should just meet some of the local GUE folks at one of their planned dives. You can even show up with split fins. Not an issue.

I think the perception you will have of meeting the community in person will be polar oppoiste impression than what you are forming here on SB.

There's a reason why many divers avoid SB, and this thread is exhibit A.
As one of the organizers of the GUE Seattle weekly Wednesday Night dives, I would welcome @NW Dive Dawg (or anyone else interested in seeing how GUE does things) to come down and join us for a dive. Feel free to DM me for when and where to meet (or check the GUE Seattle Facebook group if you visit the House of Zuckerberg.)

Its the internets you never know. Considering 2 people in here posting are pretty well known for their work in major exploration projects. The way people comment to them they obviously have no clue. But the 2 I'm refering to also have the couth not to boast their acoomplishments.

So you just never know. But that is also part of the potential benefit of an opt in subforum. You weed out a few of the uneducated dingbats cause it's too much work to ask to opt in. And you increase the likelihood of someone with the actual training answering based on experience.

Here's another example. And I'm not talking negatively about scubaboard. The sidemount forum used to be in the technical forum. As sm has become the thing everybody wants to do it moved out of the technical forum. There is so much nonsense in there mixed with very good advice, it's hard for someone without the training to wade through it. I actually stopped going and reading there as it just got annoying and not educational for someone who has done alot of sm technical diving. It would be nice if there was a sidemount forum and a technical sm forum. Not asking for that, but it has potential to weed out some of the nonsense when you're going for more technical information or information from people properly trained in sm (cause we know now that it's popular, everybody's teaching it and they absolutely shouldn't.)

As one of the organizers of the GUE Seattle weekly Wednesday Night dives, I would welcome @NW Dive Dawg (or anyone else interested in seeing how GUE does things) to come down and join us for a dive. Feel free to DM me for when and where to meet (or check the GUE Seattle Facebook group if you visit the House of Zuckerberg.)
Sounds like a solid and genuine offer. Thank-you! Also, maybe we can do some boat dives. I'm currently planning to have our boat in the water in moorage at Everett from May through Oct. My boat is comfortable for four divers and I have a fully robust emergency 02 system. I'm not commercial and can't take any payment.

kaz0Fo3.jpg

Just so you'll know upfront...... In the Sound, me and my buddy (who is a GUE Fundies grad) pretty much dive solo and focus our Sound dive sites on Ling Cod for the last week of May and the first two weeks of June. Then we move out to the Neah Bay or Sequim area for the fall where the limits and restrictions are more "friendly" . Just want to be upfront that we are carnivores and prefer to not have Costco do our killing for us. Diving allows us to be merciful and selective. We focus on male Lings in the 10 - 20lb range and always leave the big female breeders alone. We also focus on rock and pectin scallops...and the occasional Cabezons and Green lings.

Not at all meant to be controversial....... but does GUE have any issues with scuba diving carnivores harvesting their own protein? If so, then we wouldn't be a good fit.

Its the internets you never know. Considering 2 people in here posting are pretty well known for their work in major exploration projects. The way people comment to them they obviously have no clue. But the 2 I'm refering to also have the couth not to boast their acoomplishments.

So you just never know. But that is also part of the potential benefit of an opt in subforum. You weed out a few of the uneducated dingbats cause it's too much work to ask to opt in. And you increase the likelihood of someone with the actual training answering based on experience.

Here's another example. And I'm not talking negatively about scubaboard. The sidemount forum used to be in the technical forum. As sm has become the thing everybody wants to do it moved out of the technical forum. There is so much nonsense in there mixed with very good advice, it's hard for someone without the training to wade through it. I actually stopped going and reading there as it just got annoying and not educational for someone who has done alot of sm technical diving. It would be nice if there was a sidemount forum and a technical sm forum. Not asking for that, but it has potential to weed out some of the nonsense when you're going for more technical information or information from people properly trained in sm (cause we know now that it's popular, everybody's teaching it and they absolutely shouldn't.)
Been gone for a while just noticing they moved the sidemount forum. Weird

Sounds like a solid and genuine offer. Thank-you! Also, maybe we can do some boat dives. I'm currently planning to have our boat in the water in moorage at Everett from May through Oct. My boat is comfortable for four divers and I have a fully robust emergency 02 system. I'm not commercial and can't take any payment.

kaz0Fo3.jpg

Just so you'll know upfront...... In the Sound, me and my buddy (who is a GUE Fundies grad) pretty much dive solo and focus our Sound dive sites on Ling Cod for the last week of May and the first two weeks of June. Then we move out to the Neah Bay or Sequim area for the fall where the limits and restrictions are more "friendly" . Just want to be upfront that we are carnivores and prefer to not have Costco do our killing for us. Diving allows us to be merciful and selective. We focus on male Lings in the 10 - 20lb range and always leave the big female breeders alone. We also focus on rock and pectin scallops...and the occasional Cabezons and Green lings.

Not at all meant to be controversial....... but does GUE have any issues with scuba diving carnivores harvesting their own protein? If so, then we wouldn't be a good fit.
Lol no

Good lord. Rad boat btw.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom