DIR- GUE Why are non-GUE divers so interested in what GUE does?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What happens if a certified GUE diver does not comply with the GUE "way" and another GUE diver becomes aware of it. Do they file some kind of report...or turn in and rat out the non-compliant diver? Does GUE take away your certification or your "merit badge" or otherwise disavow you from the organization?
They just cut a corner off your cert card. Once you lose all four corners, you have to retake fundies.
I found a loophole and just cut my card smaller, I have four square corners again.

I apologize to everyone for every time I mentioned GUE, and shared my contradictory experience within GUE on statements from people outside the GUE ecosystem, in the DIR subforum.
----
Btw Manatee Diver, justified in reddit harassment on GUE divers bringing as an example his instructor that lived in the ancient times, and claimed that we need to unearn ourselves this bad name that justifies harassment. When I very politely explained that he has all the right in the world to hate GUE HQ, JJ, etc but not GUE divers that potentially were not even borned back then, I was thankfully blocked.

It's good to keep things in perspective and touch grass every now and then. :coffee:

I've only complained about one guy. I want fake Casey and AJ to take him in as a padawan before people actually think gue has a sea org run by this guy. If necessary beat him with that gue approved brome handle, or whatever you people to staighten out the bratty fundi kids.

You can't steal the safe space angle. I came up with this, I'm immune to it.
No.

They just cut a corner off your cert card. Once you lose all four corners, you have to retake fundies.
I found a loophole and just cut my card smaller, I have four square corners again.
Bonus: Once you cut it small enough, it conveniently fits in the spare sim card slot on your phone

Thank you for summarizing everything that one needs to know about the attitude of GUE divers.

That was the attitude back when I was taking GUE classes, and clearly that is still the attitude of GUE divers in March 2023.
I'm not a GUE diver.

Too bad. You're perfect for GUE.
i'm sorry he hurt you so

5cf6c0d2-a558-4a2f-a818-32f584dea40e_text.gif

Not being argumentative, but I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with. Are you saying that GUE somehow owns Dive Dubai? Because I've been told by many people in the know that GUE doesn't own it but people assume that because some people from GUE are involved in it. I thought it was clear that I'm not a big fan of the pool. But at least its being open for people like DAN to do research in a controlled environment that isn't a government facility and isn't a pitching, hot dive boat. So there are some positives. That thing or something like it was probably going to be built by the Sheiks anyway, so at least some people with vast technical diving experience are part of it and allow it to be open for research which could benefit all of us. Of course it was built to make a profit, but at least its not just a water park with nothing but fun diving happening.
So I'd like to understand more what you're disagreeing with or do you have something saying GUE has put their money into it. Not the money of people who are part of GUE. Because if Jablonski is putting money in, its not the same as dumping GUE's money into it. I'm happy to be proven wrong, but have been told the backstory of the pool by multiple people much more in the know than any of us.
If it was my choice, that much water wouldn't be wasted for divers to dive abig a-- pool. Is it ok for us to waste similar amounts of water and energy at an aquarium? And where does the line get drawn?
Hi
I am sure all that you said is right about the disconnection between gue and the pool.
I am just disagreeing that when you (general) are part of an organisation promoting some ideas, you don't participate, even in your personal name in a project which, even if it brings some positives, is contradictory to your beliefs. You cannot have your cake and eat it too if I am correct about this English expression.
Yes, regarding my intransigence, you can call me naive :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom