DIR- GUE Why are non-GUE divers so interested in what GUE does?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nobody has called people toxic, pathetic and passive aggresive more than you have.
Man... I am trying my best here.

I didn't call any person toxic, pathetic, and passive aggressive. As I said I am trying my best.

For whoever would like to read these 2 sentence and perform basic syntax analysis (I understand that it might be harder for some given some few misplaced commas):
  • "Toxic" refers to the "attitude"
  • "Pathetic" refers to the "comments"
  • "Passive Aggressive" refers also to the "comments"
  • "Attitude" and "Comments" are not "people" by most standards I know or the UN.
Over'n'out. Not gonna reply. I just wanted to clarify for people that might need some extra assistance.

So while @mariosx is highly educated working on cutting edge technology. But he is not American nor is English just first language.

As things often get lost in translation, the use of emojis goes a long way.

Sorry, I think he's been the most aggressive person in the thread and has thrown around the most insults. Not having English as their first language I find to be a pretty weak excuse. Calling people haters and saying they will be replaced at their job by chatbot, is not lost in translation.

Edit: I see he deleted this latest attack mentioning the chat bot.

So while @mariosx is highly educated working on cutting edge technology. But he is not American nor is English just first language.

Thanks for the support, and potentially resolving any conflicts.
In this case, I would bet that also in English there is the distinction between people, and their attitudes. A person that displays a toxic attitude doesn't mean that they are a toxic person overall. Even the law differentiates between the criminal act and the person that carried it. People are being jailed because they carried a criminal act, not because they are considered criminals, at least in most legal systems that I am aware of.
There is a big difference between stigmatizing acts and stigmatizing people. I am not sure about your take, but I think even my broken English did not pass this line of stigmatizing individuals.

Hi
I enjoy reading your posts and mostly :) agree with them.
But regarding this trying to disconnect gue with the pool because of some technical stuff it is not, in my book, acceptable.
As an entity or as an individual, trying, in the name of "education, blahblahblah", to justify some absurdities is for me a pathetic way to have a pseudo-integrity.
The problem with gue is that, like a lot of organisations, they have a justification for everything :) and lost their original "positive naivety". gue did a good thing by bringing DIR in the mainstream and was instrumental in changing how diving is taught.
I started my gue training back in 2004-5 and learnt a lot by doing more courses. But I gave up the membership when some people were flagrantly contracdicting themselves and when more and more new divers thought to have invented the wheel.
Anyway, I am a nobody and i don't need any organisation to enjoy my diving :)
Not being argumentative, but I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with. Are you saying that GUE somehow owns Dive Dubai? Because I've been told by many people in the know that GUE doesn't own it but people assume that because some people from GUE are involved in it. I thought it was clear that I'm not a big fan of the pool. But at least its being open for people like DAN to do research in a controlled environment that isn't a government facility and isn't a pitching, hot dive boat. So there are some positives. That thing or something like it was probably going to be built by the Sheiks anyway, so at least some people with vast technical diving experience are part of it and allow it to be open for research which could benefit all of us. Of course it was built to make a profit, but at least its not just a water park with nothing but fun diving happening.
So I'd like to understand more what you're disagreeing with or do you have something saying GUE has put their money into it. Not the money of people who are part of GUE. Because if Jablonski is putting money in, its not the same as dumping GUE's money into it. I'm happy to be proven wrong, but have been told the backstory of the pool by multiple people much more in the know than any of us.
If it was my choice, that much water wouldn't be wasted for divers to dive abig a-- pool. Is it ok for us to waste similar amounts of water and energy at an aquarium? And where does the line get drawn?

Just FYI to the Mods. I've scrolled through some of Marios posts and it's seem that the only thing he does here on Scubaboard is to fight his personal 'GUE-war'.

Just FYI to the Mods. I've scrolled through some of Marios posts and it's seem that the only thing he does here on Scubaboard is to fight his personal 'GUE-war'.
Now you're going to turn into the "I'm leaving and taking my toys with me" guy? Cool. You should call GUE and tell them how argumentative we've all been. I swear they'll care.

Mods can you prepare the "safe space" for him and bring the doll so he can show us where mario hurt him.

And in case it's not obvious, this is what's refered to as a joke.

Now you're going to turn into the "I'm leaving and taking my toys with me" guy? Cool. You should call GUE and tell them how argumentative we've all been. I swear they'll care.
I've only complained about one guy. I want fake Casey and AJ to take him in as a padawan before people actually think gue has a sea org run by this guy. If necessary beat him with that gue approved brome handle, or whatever you people to staighten out the bratty fundi kids.

You can't steal the safe space angle. I came up with this, I'm immune to it.

He's been on my ignore list here, and my block list on Reddit for a while now. That way I don't accidentally engage with him in a pointless argument.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom