DIR- GUE Why are non-GUE divers so interested in what GUE does?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I mean, I love to hear people talk shiet all day but this sounds like he exaggerated a little. They laughed and made degrading comments for 20 min and refused to sell weight? And it was 10 times worse when he got went back? You buy that?
I absolutely buy that..... and I 100% believe that Doc Harry is honest. accurate and honorable in his accounting of his personal experience. If you are saying that he is lying then state it and own it.

I've been away from this thread for a week, having been occupied with, you know, real life. I see we're still talking about Doc Harry's class from waybackwhen with the instructor who's long gone.

I absolutely buy that..... and I 100% believe that Doc Harry is honest. accurate and honorable in his accounting of his personal experience. If you are saying that he is lying then state it and own it.
He is a fighter pilot and lets some scuba instructor he's paid money to for a service laugh at him and make degrading comments throughout the class and in the end for 20 min straight and than still goes back for more? And than it's 10 times worse the second time around? I can't know if he's BSing or not but the story sounds odd.
That instructor might have been a major league dick head, but who would go through what he describes and go back.

He is a fighter pilot and lets some scuba instructor he's paid money to for a service laugh at him and make degrading comments throughout the class and in the end for 20 min straight and than still goes back for more? And than it's 10 times worse the second time around? I can't know if he's BSing or not but the story sounds odd.
That instructor might have been a major league dick head, but who would go through what he describes and go back.
how does it get 10 times worse than that? sheesh

I dunno man but he's got A LOT of mileage out to this course complaint for decades now.
He is a fighter pilot
Wait Doc Harry is Dave Sutton? Who knew! ^.^
People love to be a victim, in this case for decades

I've been away from this thread for a week, having been occupied with, you know, real life. I see we're still talking about Doc Harry's class from waybackwhen with the instructor who's long gone.

A valid point!....... and the instructor and his teaching team may be long gone but the "organization" is still alive and well. Hopefully things are completely different at GUE now and instruction teams like these are no longer a part of anyone's program.

But then here's a follow-up post from Doc just last week which is not "waybackwhen".

I'll discuss whatever you want to hear about my experience with GUE, in as much detail as you desire.
I have just been trying to avoid EXTREMELY long posts.

When GUE settles with me, then I'll consider the matter closed and I'll stop talking about it.

It's as simple as that.

GUE is keeping this case open by their inaction.

I will have to say that my experience with GUE had a positive outcome. I started diving a lot more to try to get myself up to the standards that I saw in the GUE class. There is ZERO dive support with 90 miles of me, so I bought a compressor, started mixing all my own back and deco gasses, started servicing all of my own gear, started diving 3-4 days a week, and went on to complete full cave with another agency.

Once again...the title of this thread is "Why are Non-GUE divers interested in what GUE does?" So I'm interested as to why someone at the upper level of GUE doesn't just man-up and contact him to discuss his issues? It's not like he's hard to find. And to be clear, I don't know Doc Harry from Adam. I just believe him.

Also.......I assume that it's a GUE diver who started this whole thread...... so you ask an honest question and then you and some other GUE folks get bent because you don't like some of the honest answers. Maybe it would be better if SB just didn't allow non GUE folks to post in the GUE forum.

Last but not least......and I'll say it again. I have no problem or issue with GUE in general and I'm sure they have some fine folks and excellent instructors and divers in their organization. I was just INTERESTED in how the instruction team in Doc's accounting would ever be allowed to teach....and also INTERESTED in why the organization doesn't contact him and talk to him about it.

A valid point!....... and the instructor and his teaching team may be long gone but the "organization" is still alive and well. Hopefully things are completely different at GUE now and instruction teams like these are no longer a part of anyone's program.

But then here's a follow-up post from Doc just last week which is not "waybackwhen".

Once again...the title of this thread is "Why are Non-GUE divers interested in what GUE does?" So I'm interested as to why someone at the upper level of GUE doesn't just man-up and contact him to discuss his issues? It's not like he's hard to find. And to be clear, I don't know Doc Harry from Adam. I just believe him.

Also.......I assume that it's a GUE diver who started this whole thread...... so you ask an honest question and then you and some other GUE folks get bent because you don't like some of the honest answers. Maybe it would be better if SB just didn't allow non GUE folks to post in the GUE forum.

Last but not least......and I'll say it again. I have no problem or issue with GUE in general and I'm sure they have some fine folks and excellent instructors and divers in their organization. I was just INTERESTED in how the instruction team in Doc's accounting would ever be allowed to teach....and also INTERESTED in why the organization doesn't contact him and talk to him about it.

call gue and ask them. they are open right now
+1 (386) 454-0820

So I'm interested as to why someone at the upper level of GUE doesn't just man-up and contact him to discuss his issues? It's not like he's hard to find. And to be clear, I don't know Doc Harry from Adam. I just believe him.

First gue is not some huge corporation sitting around searching the internet for things pertaining to them. Gue is a small little office next to a dive shop. Secondly they likely have no clue as to this thread existing.

I do think this forum should be restricted like it used to be. Now people with zero knowledge of gue can come and chime in with things that aren’t even close to accurate. This thread should be in the general discussion thread not the dir forum.

And as far as gue divers here getting bent out of shape, I sure didn’t see that. It may appear that some folks get annoyed or defensive, but as has been said many of these claims are easily dismissed because there’s more to the story or the person has no direct knowledge, they’re just spouting off what they’ve heard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom