Why are Atomic Regs the Reg LDS's love to hate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Seems like when I go into the local LDS and ask about Atomic regulators no one has a nice thing to say about them unless they carry them. Why are they so badmouthed in the LDS's?
Why not just say if you don't carry them "We don't carry Atomic's but we do carry this brand and we like this brand because of XYZ" Instead of saying there a new company and we don't trust their regs or there suppose to last 10 years without rebuilding but they don't or you can't get them serviced anywhere because no one carries them around here (even though the LDS down the street does carry then and service them).

i believe that it is a case of jealousy or atleast that is what I would call it. The LDS i bought my Scubapro reg if a firm beleiver that Scuba Pro's regs are the best, however, the owner did tell me that he would carry Atomic regs if he cared for the sale rep. He also stated that in his opinion the Atomic T1X was the best titanium reg on the market, even better than the Mk25T/S600T he carries.

I spoke with one dive shop owner that said Atomic wanted too much for the franchise. This suprised me a bit, since he carried quite a few brands. He said that is time and money were spent better elsewhere.

Since I am ready to buy a regulator, I have been researching regulators. The other comment I get from LDSs, is that Atomic service network is too small.

I sure would like to try one.

Carbon

jamiei once bubbled...
You'll hear the same at most every dive shop... if they don't carry it, it sucks. A toyota dealer will never tell you that a honda or a nissan is a great car... just doesn't happen.

When I was shopping for speakers the Bose salesman recommended B&W speakers were better suited to meet my needs than anything he carried and did more to sell me on them then did the salesman that actually got the commision at the store he sent me to. I was amazed how much time he spent finding out what I wanted and then recommending something he did not carry. I spent about $8000 and I am sure that was a large commision he gave up but he was more interested in matching the right sound system to the person than to making the sale.
And yes those B&W 9nt speakers with a Rel Subwoofer and Marantz Reciever sound fantastic. The only thing I messed up in getting was the surround speakers should have saved some money and gotten some satelite speakers and the the matching 1nt speakers.

$8000 would have bought a lot of dive gear. :D But then again I do appreciate the benefits of good sound.

I will say one thing: it has nothing to do with their regulators, its the company itself...

LUBOLD8431 once bubbled...
I will say one thing: it has nothing to do with their regulators, its the company itself...

Expand on that what is wrong with the company?

Who are you, and why do you ask so many questions???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom