Whuts up 808 membahs!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SexSea!

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey all! I just wanted to post up and say hello to all fellow hawaii divers. My girlfriend and I live in Kaimuki and have only been diving about 3 months now. We just about to finish up our Advanced OW this weekend with islanddivers. Im so excited! I think we are doing Corsair off hawaii kai side as our wreck, then doing peak buoyancy at fantasy's. We just may be in time to hit Ni'ihau before the big sets start coming in....ill keep dreamin.

Anyway, i hope to make some friends here and get a chance to shore/boat dive with you all. We really dont know any other divers besides the instructors, so it would be real nice to make your acquaintance. I do freelance graphic design from home, so hopefully some of you here are weekday divers cuz i would love to go on weekdays. Although im not too familiar with any of the shore dives yet.

Yeah funny story, we went to haleiwa trench last weekend. Long story short, super poor vis, had to do the tired diver tow cause my girl pooped out. Lost my mask/snorkel into the depths. Lost her mask/snorkel to the depths. Lost my car key somewhere around there (yeah no spare either). What a mess! Plus my Air/XS leaked and had to manually inflate my BCD the whole dive. Worst day diving yet...but honu came up and practically kissed me at 50 ft...that made it all worth it. hehe.

Take care, hope to have some fun with this community.

Aloha and welcome to the board. There were a bunch of that tried the crappy viz trench dive last saturday. What, 6 dive flags out there? I dive mid week a lot. PM my if you want to hook up. Hope your dives go better in the future.

HarveyO:
I'll be on the same boat with you tomorrow. I look forward to meeting you then.

Nice! Name is mitch. Just look for a young haole/asian couple, thats us!

NOTE: not to be confused with me/olivia.

lol :wink:

Aloha and welcome to the Ohana!

Don't miss our get together on the 4th (see sig ling)

Wow Harvey, what a crazy dive eh? I think i may be bringin my bad omen from last weekend with me!

We dove corsair first. Current was strong even at max depth. At about 105ft i was feelin realllly narked out and apparently so was our instructor...never ever felt it this bad. While sitting on the line making our ascent, the line dropped off and all of a sudden we were back at 100 ft on the sand with the end of the bouey in our hands. I think harvey had to buddy up with the instructor and share her air. At first look i thought maybe you were blacked out, couldnt really tell.

We basically blew our safety stop and hit the surface. There were divers everywhere and the boat was a good 30 yards away (so it seemed). Apparently another diver had blacked out, near drowned. Capt Bob had to dive in the water to pull him out after he had surfaced, waved, then seemingly sunk back down. Once they had him on the boat he had no pulse and was not breathing. I dont know for how long, i heard between 1 and 5 mins, not sure. He had serious water in his lungs, but they managed to rececitate him and he seemed okay. They still took him away in the ambulance though.

Capt Bob saved someones life today, without doubt.

No, Mitch, that would be Captain Joey. And yes, that was quite dramatic the way he explained it. But then, I always knew Joe was a hero. He has been around the ocean a long time. I told him today all his hot dog antics were all just preparing him for his feat today.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom