New Member From Wichita KS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RemyLobos

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all!

I'm dipping my toe back in the water with scuba. Over 10 years ago I took a NAUI course in college and now that my daughter has an interest in marine biology we have completed our OW PADI courses.

My in laws have a house in Kona, Hawaii so we are planing to be out there for a week and at least get two days of diving in.

We tested in Beaver Lake Arkansas so excited to get back to Hawaii for some clear water. Have snorkeled there before a few years back and I was originally born in Honolulu!

Hope to be a contributing member here and excited to go dive!

for a long time.

Welcome back to the water! I did my original OW at Beaver Lake a few years ago too, not a bad spot for the middle of the country lol. Enjoy the much warmer Hawaii waters

Welcome back to the water! I did my original OW at Beaver Lake a few years ago too, not a bad spot for the middle of the country lol. Enjoy the much warmer Hawaii waters
Thanks! It's not really bad, one of a few options for this neck of the woods. Was considering it for my AOW too, there's also the scuba parks in TX, Table Rock lake, any others I should check out in the area?

Welcome to SB!

Born, raised, and certified in Kansas. Not much there for diving. Strange to say that Arizona has better diving than Kansas does.

If heading west for any reason you can always take 54 over to Santa Rosa, New Mexico and jump in the Blue Hole.

Thanks, that's abo
Born, raised, and certified in Kansas. Not much there for diving. Strange to say that Arizona has better diving than Kansas does.

If heading west for any reason you can always take 54 over to Santa Rosa, New Mexico and jump in the Blue Hole.
Thanks for the reminder that's there. It's only a few hours drive.

Thanks! It's not really bad, one of a few options for this neck of the woods. Was considering it for my AOW too, there's also the scuba parks in TX, Table Rock lake, any others I should check out in the area?
I've ended up in Chicago since getting certified, so can't speak much to the Texarkana region unfortunately.

If you're up for colder waters there's lots of opportunities around the Great Lakes region. Gilboa Quarry in OH is a surprisingly nice spot for being in the middle of nowhere, but very chilly!

Bonne Terre Mines near St. Louis have been on my list for a while, a flooded but not fully submerged mine you can go into with just OW cert. Looks pretty unique!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom