Who's up for a weekday dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We dove this morning at Lobos, and the visibility seemed really promising in the cove. At the surface, it was 40ish feet vis forward, but you couldn't see the bottom... just haze the last 10 feet. When we decended, it was REALLY surgy and lots of sediment had been kicked up. Maybe 5 feet vis in most of the cove.

We diverted course, and headed out of the cove, and the visibility opened up immensely. Around the Cannery Point Wall and on to Cannery Point Pinnacles (according to this map: Point Lobos State Reserve - Dive Spots), the visibility became amazing. It was crystal clear, with visibility in the 50-70ish range probably. At one point, trying to calculate how far I could see, I was sitting on the bottom at 55fsw, and I could very clearly see the foam on the surface.

We fought massive surge all morning, but they were amazing dives. On our way back on both dives, we knew we were around Cannery Point and in the cove when the visibility dropped from 40 feet to about 5 feet almost instantly.

Do you still need a buddy for Thursday? I can try to see if it's ok for me to take a short-notice vacation day from work.

Cool. I'll check it out with management, and see how it goes.

Bummer. I just realized I have a 3 pm meeting tomorrow in the bay area. I don't think I'd be able to make it back in time... Sorry, I'm gonna have to back out.

Gosh, it's hard to resist the tempation to dive Lobo's during the week.... I'll post again tomorrow once I know what my schedule on Friday looks like. I like to be at the gate at 8AM waiting to get in; dive and go!

Devin, it looks like I have Friday off after an early morning commitment. I could be somewhere in Monterey by about noon. Had sort of planned to just do a BW dive to dial in some new gear, but am open to other ideas if the timing could work.

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom