Arrest warrant for dive instructor over Nordstream pipeline sabotage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There were 3 explosion. One of the pipeline was cut in 2 places with precision explosives while another was brute forced. The hundreds of meters of pipeline that the media is talking about is the section that was cut off by 2 explosions.

I think its probably a hard sell to prove any of this, but those european courts get many bites at the apple and a much lower standard of evidence than the US - this will be interesting to watch play out

That instructor is in deep trouble. He better be able to produce his PADI Underwater Pipeline Saboteur certification.
No, he is not. He successfully completed the course together with his other team members and I certified them after the US congress wire-transfered the money for the course and the gasses used during the course dives.
A conical shape charge that could penetrate the pipeline would not require so much explosives that could not be handled on that size vessel by a pair of technical divers.

As a former EOD officer, I once set off a 50 pound shaped charge and the ground penetration from the explosive jet was impressive.
We didn't train with conical shape explosives. We used something else.

No, he is not. He successfully completed the course together with his other team members and I certified them after the US congress wire-transfered the money for the course and the gasses used during the course dives.
US Congress? But Putin controls the party that has a majority in congress... Oh, now I see. It was the Russians after all. Those wacky chess masters.

There were 3 explosion. One of the pipeline was cut in 2 places with precision explosives while another was brute forced. The hundreds of meters of pipeline that the media is talking about is the section that was cut off by 2 explosions.
There were three out of a total four pipelines blown - one of the Nord Stream 2 lines ruptured at a weld joint (interestingly, nobody has specifically said this breach had traces of explosives on it) and then both Nord Stream 1 lines suffered far more extensive damage exactly 17 hours later and approximately 43 miles away (one line had approximately 250 meters of it blown to bits, with some pieces being found approximately 50 meters away, the other line was breached three miles away). An additional leak was found in the previously ruptured Nord Stream 2 line near where the Nord Stream 1 breaches happened, although this may have been collateral damage from two Nord Stream 1 explosions. The other Nord Stream 2 line remained intact and after the explosions Russia offered to provide Germany with gas through it (which would have required sanctions on the Nord Stream 2 project be lifted); that offer was refused.

So to add to our list of questions, if this was tech divers it was not one but at least three separate dives (and three separate sets of charges) in different locations. It's also worth noting that the breaches happened in some of the deeper areas of the pipeline, which would have increased the difficulty for the divers.

The Inner Space Explorer guy made a video on the the Pipeline attack. I may do the same at some point.
Just don’t title the video as “How to execute an underwater pipeline demolition” otherwise the FBI will come after you …

The only explosion that I ever experience that provided a seismic experience was in Mercury, Nevada.

I happened to be there coincidentally for NEST training with Delta Force, when the scientists up there set off an underground nuclear test device. They had it timed to the second, so we all paused and could feel a very small vibration in the ground.

Just don’t title the video as “How to execute an underwater pipeline demolition” otherwise the FBI will come after you …

The FBI was at our shop a couple of years ago. There was a foreign national student diver in the area of who kept asking about what it would take to dive to 300 feet in the Gulf of Mexico. The shop owner who certified the diver reported the inquiry to the FBI as he reasoned that there were only oil pipelines at 300 feet in the Gulf. The FBI then went to all the shops in the area asking them to report similar inquiries. The flyer that they left listed different behaviors that they deemed to be suspicious needing to be reported.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom