Arrest warrant for dive instructor over Nordstream pipeline sabotage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a former EOD officer, I once set off a 50 pound shaped charge and the ground penetration from the explosive jet was impressive.

You are now a potential suspect 😜

A conical shape charge that could penetrate the pipeline would not require so much explosives that could not be handled on that size vessel by a pair of technical divers.

As a former EOD officer, I once set off a 50 pound shaped charge and the ground penetration from the explosive jet was impressive.

The issue is that the Nord Stream 1 lines weren't just "punctured" - if I'm interpreting the reports right, there's almost a 250-meter segment of the northern Nord Stream 1 line that was blown to bits and it looks like about 100 meters of the southern line may have been compromised. What's interesting is the images we've seen of the one ruptured Nord Steam 2 line seem to show a clean break at a weld joint; this was the rupture that occurred 17 hours before the Nord Stream 1 blasts.

Oliver Alexander came up with an interesting hypothesis; while I don't entirely buy it, there are some elements that could make sense. The one Nord Stream 2 rupture was right about where the original pipe-laying contractor halted construction due to US sanctions on December 21, 2019 and a Russian-flagged vessel resumed construction in late April 2021. The Russian work was reportedly beset by slow progress and the need to redo work.

What I have a hard time swallowing is the level of coincidence for an accidental rupture in Nord Stream 2 at the same time as Nord Stream 1 is being sabotaged (although if Nord Stream 2 was being pigged for potential use that might explain it), and how the explosions were precisely 17 hours apart.

You are now a potential suspect 😜

The Inner Space Explorer guy made a video on the the Pipeline attack. I may do the same at some point.

Another interesting complication regarding the Andromeda story is the presence of the Greek-flagged tanker Minerva Julie over the Nord Stream 1 sites from September 6 to September 13, 2022; the vessel entered a holding pattern over the area after departing Rotterdam on September 2 and made port in Tallinn, Estonia on September 14 before proceeding to Saint Petersburg, Russia to take on oil. It appears that the activity over the Nord Stream 1 site from September 6-13 attracted considerable attention; two German warships and possibly one US vessel appear to have been monitoring it and did not leave the site until September 14. Andromeda appears to have been rented on September 6 and was reportedly docked on the Danish island of Christiansø sometime between September 16 and 18. That leaves a very narrow window when the site did not have a tanker and multiple military vessels over it.

A conical shape charge that could penetrate the pipeline would not require so much explosives that could not be handled on that size vessel by a pair of technical divers.

But such explosion won't make a 2.2 magnitude shock.

And from what I am hearing, German companies, and by extension German politicians, would be more than happy to get that back.
That's why the pipelines were destroyed: to kill any hope of getting it back.

Russia can find other buyers for her natural gas, at least in theory. But there is no way Germany can find a supplier of cheap natural gas other than Russia. Their only alternatives are to buy the more expensive LNG or to mine coal again.

Just that a 2.2 quake isn't that big of a thing. Yea, it was a pretty good boom. How much of that boom was the explosives and how much was the pipeline itself?

Anyone got a few shape charges laying around? set on off by itself and set another off attached to a full T-cylinder and see what makes the bigger boom.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom