• Oceanic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scubapro

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Sherwood

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smorneau

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was watching a few dives movies and was paying attention to their gear configurations and it made me wonder who is the largest manufacture of. I now some made gear for other companies.

It's certainly not one of the companies you list. Probably named something like Hung Chiou Industries in Taiwan.

It's certainly not one of the companies you list. Probably named something like Hung Chiou Industries in Taiwan.
U are sooo right Wookie! We all have sold (gave away) our economy to Asia. And they didn't even fire a shot, or drop a bomb. And they took over the western economy. So did the communists win out in the end??

U are sooo right Wookie! We all have sold (gave away) our economy to Asia. And they didn't even fire a shot, or drop a bomb. And they took over the western economy. So did the communists win out in the end??

I dunno. I buy Atomic regulators because they are

1) Consistently made, their QA is second to none
2) All use the same parts kit, regardless of material of construction
3) Made in the USA
4) Work awesome

I will happily pay $1400 for those qualities, but the average American shops at Wal*Mart. I haven't stepped foot in the door of one in 5 years.

Aqualung is the largest gear manufacture.

By what standard? Number of units manufactured in their facilities, number of units manufactured with their name on it, gross revenue?

Frank mentioned Taiwan which is not a communist country. Also as said, much of actual the gear manufacturing is out sourced to a third party. Which given Americans desire for low prices is not it surprising so much has been out sourced. However, if one looks one can find good products made in the USA at competitive prices.

By what standard? Number of units manufactured in their facilities, number of units manufactured with their name on it, gross revenue?
Number of units manufactured regardless who's name goes on it!

I would guess American Underwater Products, Aeris, Oceanic and Hollis. In addition, Pelagic Pressue Systems supplies other computers such as Genesis

Just because they're Asian does not mean that they're communist. That's a pretty large generalization, considering the size of the continent. Taiwan actually practices democracy, if you didn't know.

Either way, it's about economics, not politics. If people buy Asian products over Western products, they're making the judgment that the price and quality combination is better for the Asian product. Western companies need to make it so that consumers believe that their product is worth it over Asian products.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom