Who's got the mother of all beers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nah..........

Vic Bitter, Cascade premium, Carlton Draught, or a Crownie.

You dont need a large price tag and a pooncy name to have a good Beer.

As for "boutique" beers..............Anything that Coopers make, brewed in the 'ol Shed outback.

Aquamaniac once bubbled...
There will only be a few who can relate to this, But Im gonna post it anyway.

Hee Hee!

I seem to find beer I like where ever I go. This world would be a much better place if people drank more of it.
I'll bet that Aquamaniac's reciept was for a light beer.

Ginnis(sp?)
Leinenkugels
Sam Adams
Dos Equis(amber)

Theres some fine micro brew around here now. I've had some Phillipino brew that was pretty tasty too. Forget its name. Must have had a few too many.

prost

Jim

damn do I miss a nice pint of Old Speckled Hen or Old Thumper - come to think of it any beer with Old in the title is pretty good. Sure beats the rubbish I am drinking at the moment....

Doesn't it depend where you are?

I have a favourite drink where ever I travel

In Ireland = Murphy's the real Irish Stout
In England = Budvar, never got the hang of English beer
In France = 1664
In Belgium = Just about anything but the gold beer can be a special treat
In Denmark = Tuborg
In US = Sam Adams
In the med = various Dutch beer

But the best, not only for the beer but the way it is served has to be Alt beer in Dusseldorf, it comes in small shot type glasses and they just keep on bringing it, until you tell them to STOP, especially in the Alt houses (kind of like microbrews). What a way to get pissed (in the European meaning of the word)

Actually its time for the Pub

So when people say "there's nothing to do in Belgium", they aren't being complete in their analysis.

Must be a combination of brewing tradition, water and ingredients to make a region come out on top. I was impressed by Chimey (sp?) but not sure if it's Belgian.

Cat,
I thought Lethbridge Pilsner died a death years ago! Oh how I can recall misspent weekends sitting in some filthy overcrowded basement in South Vancouver, listening to Black Sabbath holding a round stubby bottle.

Ghostdiver,
Women do like beer but - wrongly - dismiss talk about it as a male pastime (just as men - rightly - s****** at the thought of women talking about shoes and makeup).

With so many great beers available I can hardly have one favorite (or should that be favourite).
However I mostly prefer ales, some of my fav's:
La Trappe Quadruple (Netherlands)
Brugse Tripel (Belgium)
Theakston Old Peculier (UK)
Samual Smith Oatmeal Stout (UK)
Troegs Hopback Amber (USA, Harrisburg, PA)
and every now and then one of my own homebrews (USA, Hershey, PA)

Jonathan - I just kicked a 50L keg of Moreland Old Speckled Hen. Good stuff, I see why you miss it. Since I had to buy a pricey proprietary tap to extract the nectar I'll probably be buying it again.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm ......
Murphy's or a pint of Guiness with fish n'chips!!
I like Sam Adams and Anchor Steam too.

Worse beer in the world, that I've tasted: Indonesia's Bintang.
Every bottle has a slightly different taste. I had enough over there to make a pretty legimate survey.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom