Who's going to Coz in June?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubawife:
nyprrthd:
Me too! Sounds like you live somewhere in Westchester?QUOTE]

Other side of the Hudson in Rockland. Very southern part of Rockland a couple miles from the Bergen Co., NJ border.
Hmmmmmm..... gonna make me guess. Nyack? South Nyack? Piermont? Orangeburg? Blauvelt? Grandview? Palisades? Tallman State Park :D ? We kept our boat in Haverstraw one year. The Tappan Zee on Sunday evenings was simply unbearable.

nyprrthd:
scubawife:
Hmmmmmm..... gonna make me guess. Nyack? South Nyack? Piermont? Orangeburg? Blauvelt? Grandview? Palisades? Tallman State Park :D ? We kept our boat in Haverstraw one year. The Tappan Zee on Sunday evenings was simply unbearable.

Tappan.

Hmm, restaurants... my picks tend to be those that are easier on the budget, if you know what I mean. Entrees around $10 work well for me. With that in mind, here are my suggestions, in no particular order:

Sonora Grill: Enormous Mexican Platter $10, Grilled Fish Filet $9?
La Mission on 30th: Enormous Mexican Platter $10? Grilled Shrimp $12
Kelley's: Small order of outstanding ribs $7, large is not much more, chicken curry $9?, other American fare (pro: outdoor seating in a courtyard, con: round tables which is more difficult for a large group)

I can eat at these places any time I want. I leave the choice to you all, our island visitors.

Sally[/QUOTE]

Thanks Sal-I'll put in a vote for Sonora Grill, never been there but if they serve large portions that's a plus:wink:

Poog

scubawife:
I work in the city and live just north of the city. An average dinner for two in the NY suburbs area with a couple drinks each, tax and tip runs about $50-60. A nice restaurant will be $90-100

Lunch in the city (local sandwich place or deli, not a sit-down restaurant) is $8-10 easily.

As long as we are not paying more then at home when we go on vacation, and the food is good, we are happy. I think Cozumel is very reasonable.

Too add to what cozsally posted above, you can go to Guidos and have a personal pizza for $10 or so. VERY good too....we ate there 3 nights out of 7 last trip hehehe. My wife dreams of their shrimp pizza!

at least a few of us will be there june 9 through 12. we're staying at casa del mar, going to dive with deep blue i think, and eat at the french quarter, panchos backyard, primos and or guido's and lunch at the fajita place across from deep blue (never can remember the name) , terry

Coz Sally and Diver 88,
Wow! Sally - thanks for creating and updating the list! Diver 88 - have you (actually either of you) tried Tony Rome's? Good food, great company and a most unique evening hosted by Tony himself! He does it all, meets, greets, helps with the cooking and entertains! He comes and sits with you and is genuinely interested in his guests - when you leave you will be "family". He came to Coz years ago for the diving and then went home, sold his stuff and came back. Since then he has become the "go-to guy" for travelers who have problems. His restaurant is across from the French Quarter, next to Black Shark Divers. We have had several cabbies over the years tell us he is not there or "gone". Don't believe them, ask for the dive shop or the French Quarter, then walk next door or across the street. Tony's place took a pretty good hit with Wilma but according to friends who just returned, he is up and running and better than ever!!

OK - so I'm a little biased, but if you try his place, I think you will agree with me - Tony Rome's belongs on the list.

See you guys in TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!

Hey all! I'll be in Coz June 12 & 13th. Thinking about going with Studio Blue, but since I'm traveling alone wouldn't mind meeting up with SBers to make the trip more enjoyable.

Drop me a PM to let me know! :d

We will be there June 9th for 10 DAYS!!!!! Diving with Caballitto Del Caribe and staying at Hotel Cozumel

Looks like we have a good amount of folks who will be there on the 13th. Earlier in this thread, we were talking about celebrating transman's anniversary that night. It's getting close, so I'll start a head count. Who would like to have dinner on the 13th? Coz Sally and Christi - you're invited too, as are any other Cozumel based SB'ers.

We'll be arriving on the 10th, and flying home on the 17th, and we'd be happy to have dinner with SB'ers on other nights too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom