Who's going to Coz in June?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be there June 30 - July 3rd, and hopefull will be back again in late November or early December for longer.

My wife is up to going out with scuba board members on our anniversary. Hey the romantic stuff happens after hours anyway. Good dinner and new friends dont happen everyday. Lets see if we can work something out. We are open to any resturaunt suggestions. The food is always good in Coz. We think this is a great idea.

We'll be in Coz June 4th-11th. Staying at FA and diving with "Scuba with Alison".

transman:
My wife is up to going out with scuba board members on our anniversary. Hey the romantic stuff happens after hours anyway. Good dinner and new friends dont happen everyday. Lets see if we can work something out. We are open to any resturaunt suggestions. The food is always good in Coz. We think this is a great idea.

Great! Hey maybe Coz Sally can figure something out? (What with her work with the list and all:wink: )

How 'bout it Sal?

Poog:D

The updated list is....

bnajdrovsky 9-16 Coz Palace Blue XT Sea
scottm and wife 7-14 (1st timers!)
Martha 3-10 Blue XT Sea
Super0233 (Dave) and group from SE Texas 7-13
sawcjack00 June 24 - July 1
mattroz 17-24 Allegro
scubaguy62 thinking about 17-24 Allegro
xiSkiGuy (Jeff) and 7 friends 3-10
Fin59 May 28 - June 4 Dive with Martin Hotel Coz
cowboyneal June 29 - July 5 Casa Mexicana Dive Paradise
firechuk and Meg with a group of 21 10-17 Hotel Coz Dive Paradise
GPDiver 13-28 Hotel Aguilar Bottom Time or Blue Bubble
nyprrthd (Lou) 10-17 Casa Mexicana Blue XT Sea
Poogweese May 29 - June 7 Hotel Coz Aqua Safari
DSR-3 (Eric and non-diving wife) May 29 - June 6 Coz Palace Aqua Safari
transman and wife 7-16 Casa del Mar Papa Hogs 1st anniv is the 13th!
WallDiver77 12-19 Living Underwater
Mawg June 29- July 4th
scubapaul plus 4 including 3 sons aged 19,17,11 June 20 - July 2 El Cantil
dfrancos plus 1 12-18 Casa Mexicana Aquatic Sports
Lisa0825 June 30 - July 3
mardigrastexan 4-11 Fiesta Americana Scuba with Alison

Hmm, restaurants... my picks tend to be those that are easier on the budget, if you know what I mean. Entrees around $10 work well for me. With that in mind, here are my suggestions, in no particular order:

Sonora Grill: Enormous Mexican Platter $10, Grilled Fish Filet $9?
La Mission on 30th: Enormous Mexican Platter $10? Grilled Shrimp $12
Kelley's: Small order of outstanding ribs $7, large is not much more, chicken curry $9?, other American fare (pro: outdoor seating in a courtyard, con: round tables which is more difficult for a large group)

I can eat at these places any time I want. I leave the choice to you all, our island visitors.

Sally

transman:
I think you may be confusing lust with romance. :D Been there, done that; but my wife wouldn't let me wear the t-shirt. :huh:

As I said, I'll eat anywhere the "group" decides. After eating out in NYC on a regular basis, anything in Cozumel will seem inexpensive! I'll be there for the comraderie (and the celebration).

I can confirm the cost of food in NYC. I remember paying $11.50 for a tuna salad sandwich and a Coke way back in 1981. Ouch. And the waiter sucked.

I can't make it to Coz until mid to late November (if we decide Coz as our destination).
Can a local tell me what Coz is generally like in Nov? Weather, crowds, events etc.?
Thinking about maybe Cozumel Palace, or the Fiesta Americana. Do either of them have decent snorkeling?
And is that old airplane still out there? Or has a hurricane moved it? I think it was just of the beach by the La Ceiba. I snorkeled it back in '90.

fishoutawater:
I can confirm the cost of food in NYC. I remember paying $11.50 for a tuna salad sandwich and a Coke way back in 1981. Ouch. And the waiter sucked.

I work in the city and live just north of the city. An average dinner for two in the NY suburbs area with a couple drinks each, tax and tip runs about $50-60. A nice restaurant will be $90-100

Lunch in the city (local sandwich place or deli, not a sit-down restaurant) is $8-10 easily.

As long as we are not paying more then at home when we go on vacation, and the food is good, we are happy. I think Cozumel is very reasonable.

scubawife:
I work in the city and live just north of the city.
Me too! Sounds like you live somewhere in Westchester?

NYC's better restaurants can be frightening. We had friends in town last week, and spent a fortune on dinners. Those of you who know the city, know that places like Koi and Babbo are great, but can put a serious dent in the budget. Even in the burbs the meals are getting more and more expensive. $50 - $75 for 2 in a neighborhood place isn't unusual anymore. Cozumel doesn't scare me a bit!

Now, back to where and when?..................

nyprrthd:
Me too! Sounds like you live somewhere in Westchester?QUOTE]

Other side of the Hudson in Rockland. Very southern part of Rockland a couple miles from the Bergen Co., NJ border.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom