who teaches solo diving in PI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CLA

Reaction score
Hello again

Just wanted ask if you guys know of anyone (or any agency) who teaches solo diving here in PI? Although I always dive with a group or a guide, it might still be useful to learn their safety and navigation strategies.... just in case.

Thanks in advance.

Cathy

CLA:
Hello again

Just wanted ask if you guys know of anyone (or any agency) who teaches solo diving here in PI? Although I always dive with a group or a guide, it might still be useful to learn their safety and navigation strategies.... just in case.

Thanks in advance.

Cathy

THe PI. hasnt caught up with solo diving yet. a lot of people are still against this but i could be wrong. just be patient bet a couple of solo ppd divers will give you an answer:)

CLA:
Hello again

Thanks in advance.

Cathy

give a call to the ANDI philippines RHQ.. There are a few instrutors that are sanctioned to teach an ANDI solo diver program. Be forewarned, its an intensive program...

www.andi.com.ph

MAy i ask you why you are interested in solo diving?

CLA:
Hello again

Thanks in advance.

Cathy

jagfish:
I didn't know that ANDI has that program, too now.

So just TDI (SDI) and ANDI?

We have been teaching it (officially) about 5 years, we already had a program when SDI announced theirs (just never really promoted it), the main difference is that the SDI solo diver program is a recreational rating and has the course content and equipment requirements of such, the ANDI program is a technical diver program, and requires all the gear, knowledge and skills of a tech program...

Sounds like and interesting course...
Why don't they promote it...

Also a fascinating issue of tech versus rec solo. I find many tech divers go solo anyway in many places I have dove. In retrospect, my course (SDI) seemed adequate in equipment requirements...

jagfish:
Sounds like and interesting course...
Why don't they promote it...

that would mean a 50% drop in sales of equipment. one less buddy

the 3 Es' of Diving

Education
Equipment
Even more equipment

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom