who teaches solo diving in PI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry you had to explain your joke 2mix. Matanda na rin ako but I was unaware that there were safety issues for topside solo.

Anyway,I agree it's usually more fun with familiar buddy. With a stranger, however, you always have to be more cautious and it's not always enjoyable especially when you're not in sync. You know- sometimes he likes to go fast and you like it slow (or vise versa). And as Paolo pointed out, even if you start out together you might end up solo anyway when you're trying to get that perfect shot. With the right attitude and (safety) equipment, I can imagine that solo diving can be just as fun.

And just in case someone misinterprets this post- i was referring to solo divingwith a camera, OK?:05:

CLA:
Sorry you had to explain your joke 2mix. Matanda na rin ako but I was unaware that there were safety issues for topside solo.

Anyway,I agree it's usually more fun with familiar buddy. With a stranger, however, you always have to be more cautious and it's not always enjoyable especially when you're not in sync. You know- sometimes he likes to go fast and you like it slow (or vise versa). And as Paolo pointed out, even if you start out together you might end up solo anyway when you're trying to get that perfect shot. With the right attitude and (safety) equipment, I can imagine that solo diving can be just as fun.

And just in case someone misinterprets this post- i was referring to solo divingwith a camera, OK?:05:

I think you have the right reasons to go solo diving :wink: seriously, update me when you take that class with Gunter and how it went. Im interested on how he teaches that class.

Axua:
I think you have the right reasons to go solo diving :wink: seriously, update me when you take that class with Gunter and how it went. Im interested on how he teaches that class.

Will do, Jai and thanks so much for the encouragement. Haven't set a definite date for it yet but maybe in the summer which is the best time to visit Coron. I also want to improve my navigation skills first so I'll be more confident when taking the course. Found the course outline at the solo forum and I think it will be adequate for my purposes. Will keep you posted.

Back
Top Bottom