who makes bp/w's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MSilvia:
snip..I think the Oxy Cheq wing is the way to go at $285 from scubatoys.com... Just over $250 if you ask for the scubaboard discount.

We have a terrific deal on the Razor as our Pre-Spring Special until the 19th. Free shipping included, just select "Dive Club Pick-Up".

There's no doubt that the Signature Series wings are extremely durable. For a diver with a budget, I wouldn' hesitate to buy the Standard/Razor series either. As an owner of the standard #30 wing for going on 2 years, I have yet to be able to cause it any damage...and it gets used and abused. :)

Get wet.

R

MSilvia:
I just did a product comparison on single tank wings to help out a new diver, and found that while the Golem wings have the densest shell (2000 denier), it's made of Cordura, which is less damage resistant than the ballistic nylon used in the Halcyon and Oxy Cheq wings. The golem wing also has relatively narrow cam slots and only one set of mounting grommets, so at $360 from golemgear.com, I think the Oxy Cheq wing is the way to go at $285 from scubatoys.com... Just over $250 if you ask for the scubaboard discount.

I compared the following wings:
  • Oxy Cheq 30 lb lift Signature Series wing
  • Halcyon 30 lb lift Eclipse wing
  • Halcyon 36 lb lift Pioneer wing
  • OMS 32 lb lift wing
  • DSS (Deep Sea Supply) LCD 30 lb lift wing
  • Golem Gear 35 lb lift Wing
Let me know via PM if you can suggest others you think are worth adding, or if you would like a copy of the comparison.

You did notice the combo's? that the wing comes w/ the SS or AL back plate w/ knife for a special combo price?

I have to say that as a new diver.....having had the exposure I've had...unlike most new divers and having had hands on access to numerous styles and manufacturer's gear....I'm more then satisified w/ my Golem purchase and my decision to start my training and my diving adventure with the Golem back plate/wing combo..........

I also must add that the service from Golem is without a doubt stupendous! I have experienced and witnessed the very personalized service given to each and every customer....which is hard to come by these days..

*smile*

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom