who makes bp/w's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey man i would look into golem gear really nice stuff. I just got my rig in my god its heaven sooo comfy man. Jakub is a really nice guy would look into it www.golemgear.com
Cheers chris

daniel f aleman:
For the most part, they're all the same. Some are of higher quality, some are more expensive. Try one out and see if you even want to dive with it in the first place. The are few advantages to a BP/W over other BC systems unless you are diving technical, where it's the current standard.

Preacher,

Contrary to what our Mr. Aleman has put forth, there are distinct advantadges to BP/W systems; having a cleaner "front-end" and better support for your tank being only two.

Our other posters are right in that, aside from the flavour, (i.e. steel, aluminum, kydex, etc.) they are much the same, except that some cost a lot more than others. The Halcyon is a notable example. It is a good unit, but you pay more for the blue "H"s embroidered onto the harness.

I use the DSS Kydex units, with the Custom Comfort harness. It is light, and the harness is soooooo comfy. I travel, so light is very good. I put the weight I need in my weight harness when I get on the boat.

Try: www.deepseasupply.com

Cheers!

BigJetDriver:
Preacher,

Contrary to what our Mr. Aleman has put forth, there are distinct advantadges to BP/W systems; having a cleaner "front-end" and better support for your tank being only two.

Try: www.deepseasupply.com

Cheers!

The two advantages that you mention are negligible in-and-of themselves over a BC.

And, as I've said, DSS is my backplate of choice.

Golem gear from jakub put out some sick gear i tell ya the backplate is soo clean fits nice and the wing is perfect and i mean perfect take a look www.golemgear.com or PM me if you have any questions on how i like mine and so much :) cheers

daniel f aleman:
The two advantages that you mention are negligible in-and-of themselves over a BC.

Nice edit.

daniel f aleman:
Yeah, went a little too far.
At least you didn't say anything about rebreathers. :wink:

daniel f aleman:

Well, that all depends upon how much of an annoyance one finds certain things to be, does it not?? :06:

As to the DSS stuff, it is excellent kit. Glad you like it too! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom