Who is your favorite LDS and why? (Phoenix Metro Area)

Who is your favorite LDS? (Phoenix Metro Area)

• AquaBlue Sports

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • All Wet Scuba

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • El Mar Diving Center

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • NDepth Scuba

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Saguaro Diving & Sports

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Scuba Sciences Inc.

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • The Scuba Shop

• Scuba Specialties

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Sport Chalet - Please list location

• Tres Aquas Adventures

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Ultimate Dive & Travel

• Other - Please specify in forum

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John's a sock puppet!!!! :d

I think he voted, he voted for his two sock puppets, and somebody else clicked the wrong button:dork2:

Full disclosure: All in fun - his point about not being everything to everybody is a valid one. But so is the issue of the sock-puppetry that was rampant.

Here's the deal. Scuba Sciences allowed me to dive alot when I had no money, get experience, learn a bunch and meet many people that are still my closest friends. Many of them no longer dive through the shop, but they still dive....alot. When a group of us wanted to progress further than what was offered at the shop, we were able to work things out through the shop by bringing in other instructors or working to coordinate classes that were not usually offered. Even if the shop didn't get it or realize what direction we wanted to go or understand why.

Today, there is not alot of gear that I need to purchase and the training I am interested in is usually not obtained locally, but I love diving and Scuba Sciences allowed me get to where I wanted to be.

I also understand that hasn't been everyone's experience. And it is what it is, an I find it funny that so much emotion surfaces when asked "what is your LDS", but I also know that is the reality. Everyone gets into scuba for different reasons and at some point they decide which direction they want to go....find a shop that meets your needs....or maybe it isn't a shop at all.

Karen

Last edited:
When I lived in Arizona, I frequented All Wet, El Mar, Scuba Sciences, and Sport Chalet. I actuall bought stuff from All Wet and went on a trip with them. The other 3 places I used for air fills - El Mar and SS for O2 clean fills and SC for student tank fills. All Wet was the friendliest of the places. I liked hanging out in the shop every now and then and BSing with Brett. I didn't get that at the other shops. They were usually too busy trying to make a sale. I finally found a shop where I can go hang out and BS and not be pressured to buy anything. And when I do buy something I get the best prices, yes the best! It's a shame I had to move 2000 miles to find this shop. But the diving is also much better here. :D Although I do miss diving with my Arizona friends at Lake Pleasant.

I finally found a shop where I can go hang out and BS and not be pressured to buy anything. And when I do buy something I get the best prices, yes the best! It's a shame I had to move 2000 miles to find this shop. But the diving is also much better here. :D Although I do miss diving with my Arizona friends at Lake Pleasant.

I heard that, my favorite shop is in Mexico, it's 10 feet in front of my apt. anything I want I just tell him, and it's ready right on time (might be Mx time), and if the owner is nice, I'll even take him diving.

Well I have voted, but in away, at least for me, I don't have a LDS living in Payson. There are serveral shops that I use. Basically I end up using the one thats closest to the area I'm working in. The trouble with living in Payson and working in Phoenix.

I'm like serveral others here. I now own enough gear to stock a small dive shop and that makes me the worst customer for a LDS. There is only one shop that I refuse to go in and I won't bother to name them.

El Mar does has special roots to me. I learned to dive there and Gene was my instuctor. This is back on the old location on Country Club and when it was El Mar Diving, mountaineering equip and volkswagan repair.

I can relate to using online stores to buy gear. I have done this myself. But just how in the hell do I fill my tanks with them? We need to do our best to support our LDS.

Ok, I'm done and now back to photo editing

Have a great day and enjoy life

Stephen

Well Im glad you took the time to visit my thread Stephen. Joined June of 2004, and only 8 posts? Its a true honor.

Yeah, We've been trying to get Steve out of his shell for a while now..lol.

Well, Im heading to my favorite LDS this afternoon for some 5mm ONeill gloves. Need them for La Jolla on Wednesday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom