Who is your favorite LDS and why? (Phoenix Metro Area)

Who is your favorite LDS? (Phoenix Metro Area)

• AquaBlue Sports

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • All Wet Scuba

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • El Mar Diving Center

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • NDepth Scuba

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Saguaro Diving & Sports

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Scuba Sciences Inc.

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • The Scuba Shop

• Scuba Specialties

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Sport Chalet - Please list location

• Tres Aquas Adventures

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Ultimate Dive & Travel

• Other - Please specify in forum

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see 4 votes for Scuba Sci. May I ask why?

Sock Puppets....

Sock_Puppet.jpg

Well now I know why no one shows up for any events. Intimidation.

I voted for 4 shops.

N Depth, All wet and El Mar because they compete on price even with internet vendors.

El Mar I find has the largest inventory of the these.

Saguaro gets a vote for providing free fills and is the closest to me. They claim to beat any legit price but every time I bring in a price there is some sort of discussion and I usually get the price at one of the other listed shops. Also Vince has been claiming to have a new online sales website 2 weeks away from release. The fact that he has been claiming this for 2 years shouldn't discourage anyone.

Scubatoys for gear I need warranty or service on. Leisure Pro for items I don’t. Before you say they are not local-I order from my desk and the UPS girl drops the packages off at my desk-how much more local can you get.

I use Sports Chalet for airfills and small items I might need out of convenience as they are the closest LDS to me and Lake Pleasant. Saguaro for dive trips and they have some great end of the year sales in which I have bought a lot of stuff. I would use Saguaro more (especially the fee airfills would be nice) but they do not qualify as local to me (43 miles from where I live).

I have bought a few items that I needed in a pinch at some other LDS’s but I don’t make a habit of shopping at them unless desparate. One got me for $25.00 bucks on a computer battery I thought I might need as a backup as I was heading off to the airport for a dive trip. I did not have time to shop around and knew I was getting hosed but not how bad at the time until later when I saw the same item at Scubatoys for 2 bucks! Which may explain my lack of allegiance to LDS’s.

Mg

I see 4 votes for Scuba Sci. May I ask why?

They have been in business in the valley for about 30 years, so I don't have to worry about if they're going out of business and leave me holding the bag. I always get fair prices on my gear, and they offer more oportunity to work trips for more DM's then any other store. Their policies don't make everyone happy, but then nobody pleases everyone. I also teach a class for them every now & then.

One got me for $25.00 bucks on a computer battery I thought I might need as a backup as I was heading off to the airport for a dive trip. I did not have time to shop around and knew I was getting hosed but not how bad at the time until later when I saw the same item at Scubatoys for 2 bucks! Which may explain my lack of allegiance to LDS’s.

Mg

That same exact thing happened to me, then I asked the LDS to take care of my 16-year old son on some minor purchases (he was spending a little more than a hundred bucks, and I was trying to teach him how important it was to have an LDS to rely on) for himself, I asked them to give him a 20% discount so that the price would at least be CLOSE to scuba toys. They told me they would, then he went in there, and they retailed him.
And LDS's wonder why they don't get much loyalty from experienced divers.
If an LDS broke that code, they'd have my undying loyalty. I don't mind paying profit, but I don't like getting hosed, and I don't like getting lied to.

I'm pretty much back to this scenario unless an LDS by chance let's me keyman something (ya right!). For travel, generally you can get better deals by yourself, unless your looking for a group thing.

Scubatoys for gear I need warranty or service on. Leisure Pro for items I don’t. Before you say they are not local-I order from my desk and the UPS girl drops the packages off at my desk-how much more local can you get.

I use Sports Chalet for airfills and small items I might need out of convenience as they are the closest LDS to me and Lake Pleasant.

Saguaro is #1 for me. Free fills, friendly family type atmosphere, always ready to chat about diving, great group of instructors. Vince DOES give you internet pricing on most items. I've always been treated fairly when I've brought gear in for service.

Steve.

they have been in business in the valley for about 30 years, so i don't have to worry about if they're going out of business and leave me holding the bag. I always get fair prices on my gear, and they offer more oportunity to work trips for more dm's then any other store. Their policies don't make everyone happy, but then nobody pleases everyone. I also teach a class for them every now & then.

John's a sock puppet!!!! :d

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom