Who is your favorite LDS and why? (Phoenix Metro Area)

Who is your favorite LDS? (Phoenix Metro Area)

• AquaBlue Sports

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • All Wet Scuba

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • El Mar Diving Center

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • NDepth Scuba

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Saguaro Diving & Sports

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Scuba Sciences Inc.

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • The Scuba Shop

• Scuba Specialties

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Sport Chalet - Please list location

• Tres Aquas Adventures

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Ultimate Dive & Travel

• Other - Please specify in forum

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Calle Roo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I know, this is a repost, but the results that came in are over 17 months old, and we know that some of the shops are no longer in business, or some have the same name but new ownership.

Please see below on the previous thoughts from shark.byte.usa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please tell us what is your LDS and Why, votes are anonymous, mulitple shops can be selected, after all you may have more than one. NO BASHING OTHER SHOPS!. let's keep this thread civil. Don't focus on the why you left a shop or why you don't like shop X, but rather why your a customer at your current one(s).

Tell us why you choose to spend your time and money at this/these shops. Is it because of competitive gear prices, brand names, great customer service, location, training offerings, a particular instructor, quick service and repairs, trip offerings, sharing sea stories, the hot chick or dude behind the counter, etc.? Your reasons are your own, let us know why they receive your business. If you want, offer constructive suggestions to your shop(s) on how they can improve in your opinion and continue to be your personal money pit.. ahem LDS (j/k)

Please keep it positive and constructive!, as a suggestion try to steer clear of argumentative generalizations that can't be backed up (i.e. the best, safest, cheapest, etc.). Let your post reflect your personal knowledge and opinions and not heresay.

Let's let our LDSs know what we appreciate about them, what we expect as consumers, what we would like to see change and what they need to do (if anything) to keep us coming back.

Thanks again shark.byte.usa! :kiss2:

Edit: Ok, ok. I'm new to the scuba world and want to work my way up the PADI ladder or specialties and certs, so other than copying shark bytes text I want some honest opinions and preferences on shops so I can have some ideas where to go.

I'm sorry if I left any shops out but I just used what the sticky says on lds'. Please forgive me and don't hesitate to add to your post or be more specific on locations such as chalet and sciences.

Edit: Mike S made a good point, please no shop employees, unless of course you work at Shop A, but love to shop at Shop B.

Last edited:
I like N-Depth's friendly and family-like atmosphere as well as just the flat out silliness they encourage. They are a fun group who I enjoy diving with.
El Mar on the other hand has a great selection in their shop. They are friendly as well, but more of a business-like feel when walking in their shop.
I've done classes with both and the instructors are top notch for both.

Man o man. I almost went off on a tangent, than remembered the poll rules. Phew. I like your input. -cough cough-

I voted Other considered Sports Chalet, need I say more :D, really just so I could be subscribed to this possible train wreck :shocked2: CallesCafe did you read the other thread? My memory sucks, but if I recall correctly I don't think it went well. Entertaining? hellz ya! Constructive? Not so much

-Garrett

Just wanted to note that Inland Water Divers is missing from the poll.

if I recall correctly I don't think it went well. Entertaining? hellz ya!

Ahhhh...remember...life is all about the cheap entertainment!!!

Man o man. I almost went off on a tangent, than remembered the poll rules. Phew. I like your input. -cough cough-

Might want to ammend the rules on "dive shop employees" posting or voting in this poll.

The reason I say that is because on the last poll on this subject, there were a LOT of posts by dive shop employees saying "how great xxxxx shop was". I can only assume they voted in the poll for that shp also.

so in my opinion the results were skewed.

Lots of "one post wonders" who signed up just to post and vote in that thread. I think that past thread set the record for the number of "sock puppets" created just to skew the results also... :popcorn:

(and for the record, no I didn't vote in this poll .....).

Might want to ammend the rules on "dive shop employees" posting or voting in this poll.

Lots of "one post wonders" who signed up just to post and vote in that thread. I think that past thread set the record for the number of "sock puppets" created just to skew the results also... :popcorn:

(and for the record, no I didn't vote in this poll .....).

Do not go there, brother. I did once and got censored. Some of us will never forget, though. TOS and all. :rofl3:
As for favorite dive shop, I'd have to say I don't need one any more, but Ultimate would be the choice for products/fills/etc. They have a clean store, decent inventory, carry scubapro, and have been in business a while, PLUS they have a good attitude about customers IMO.

I see 4 votes for Scuba Sci. May I ask why?

Last edited:
I Voted El Mar as they are the shop that did my sons Jr OW and Terry is a great instructor for Kids. There shop staff is always freindly. And They do Nitrox fills!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom