Who Is this Independent Deco Instructor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My friend just bought Mikey Scuba Repair boat. A really sharp Glass-Pro with a lot of custom work swimstep, racks. I love that boat. No cabin though. It hauls (cat).
yes, Mikey did a nice job on that boat.
They did the canoe race with us. Cats are just so stable.

catherine96821:
what happened to Jimbo's boat? Glad you got the cars back.

Are you guys talking Swedish Jo?

I thought they were getting a dive boat?

I notice Arron's is now on the Honey Ann almost every day, when I ride my bike to the boat ramp. Wow, that boat just goes and goes. A teeney old Radon. But it does some business! My boat hasn't left the dock over the holidays. Well, once. If JJ goes to the dark side I will be dissapointed. Solo divers come in so handy!

I am going to cross again first glassy day we get. We slept in the little Molakai harbor, it was very nice over there. I was hoping to get Jimbo to take his boat sometime. I would feel better with twos. (even with a zodiac, hint hint)

I just reread this...if you want to tow the zodiac--I am in :)

yes. I am looking for a few people with flexible schedules because we have to have maybe only a days notice. It is just something I want to accomplish. But, not completely by myself.

Eventually, I want to follow the south side of Molakai to LaHaina. We checked for guests slips last week over there. Captain Joe tells me he has a connection.

Lanai resort just was named best in America! Ya'll see that? Number four in the world. I wonder if you can go ashore from a boat, have lunch.

I have a GF who went to Punahou, swam for U of H and she is married to JB's boss and I just found out she is the only woman who has ever swam the Molakai channel. Robin Leuzuski. Can you imagine? I am always asking her about it....

catherine96821:
That boat on the dock? The boat I saw doesn't look like it ever moves and the other day it appeared to be lower in the water. Maybe I am looking at the wrong little boat. This one is barely floating.

oh..I thought that was an impounded one that MO left behind. What happened to the Aloha boat?

The producer for LOST offered me a slip over on that side, at her house. I might move over there once they start rebuilding all our docks at Ko-ko marina. They are starting soon one dock at a time. That will be one big project.

I heard it was an Aluminum boat. Do those do well in salt water? I thought they had massive electrolysis issues.

It is a boat that is tied up right behind the scuba shop. It does look like it has seen a few bad days and its tiny. Jo was telling me that the hull was just cleaned the other day. It still needs some work though and no I don't think it has been out at all.

I'm not sure about AL boats in salt water.

So, Tom. You know Col Leuzuski ? His wife swam the Molakai channel. Just some Marine K-bay trivia for ya!

I heard a copper penny in an Al boat in salt water will corrode a hole in about 7 days. No idea if it is true.

I am trying to remember. 18 hours sticks in my mind. I could be way off. I think you follow the current.

I know it is another one of those puke situations.

I sat in the lot at K-bay watching JB pack up his Marines in the bus for the mainland flight. Man.....so young. He says one of them was born in 87. Now off to war. I was so shocked. Hearing and seeing so different. I was actually crying.

I didn't say sh@%.
The Dreads Master is a pretty awesome Instructor...:D

Catherine, You want to look at some nice Aluminum boats...http://akmining.com/boat/aurora.htm Have a buddy that has a Aurora Kodiak, sweet,sweet, boat. 6 years old and NO problems...
although, when we retire to Alaska(fingers crossed) I have my mind set on a Glacier Craft, 31ft with twin diesels.....(sitting on a trailer, no more slip boats for me).....http://www.glaciercraft.com/index_files/page0002.htm

The Rona Lee is giving me fits at the moment(but I Love her (in case she heard me))
now need to replace the impeller in the seawater pump, and of course no one on the Island has the parts in stock(of course that means I dont get GOUGED either).
I need to get wet bad, and some people just leave you at the dock to work while they go diving...........again, I didn't say sh@%.........:eyebrow:

mrjimboalaska:
I didn't say sh@%.
The Dreads Master is a pretty awesome Instructor...:D

Catherine, You want to look at some nice Aluminum boats...http://akmining.com/boat/aurora.htm Have a buddy that has a Aurora Kodiak, sweet,sweet, boat. 6 years old and NO problems...
although, when we retire to Alaska(fingers crossed) I have my mind set on a Glacier Craft, 31ft with twin diesels.....(sitting on a trailer, no more slip boats for me).....http://www.glaciercraft.com/index_files/page0002.htm

The Rona Lee is giving me fits at the moment(but I Love her (in case she heard me))
now need to replace the impeller in the seawater pump, and of course no one on the Island has the parts in stock(of course that means I dont get GOUGED either).
I need to get wet bad, and some people just leave you at the dock to work while they go diving...........again, I didn't say sh@%.........:eyebrow:

You left out the part where I invited you...and you said "No I'd rather work on my boat"...but hey that's just a minor detail :)

Back
Top Bottom