who is diving and where

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trymixdiver

Reaction score
Seems how we have the forum now, i think we should find out who is diving where.

Give us fellow So. Cal divers an idea of what site you like diving in your area, maybe we can set up some dives if we are diving similar areas and/or locations. i e. Laguna. PV or SD.

Guess i will start:

I am 20 min from Laguna so thats always an option. I perfer Cressent Bay but i like shaws and Brook street also.

I do like to drive to SD and dive off La Jolla shores but there just isnt much to see there. i would like to find some great spots down there. Maybe even Scrips Canyon if anyone has a boat or key to the gate.

Andy

Most of my diving takes place around Catalina. I do like San Clemente Island as well. We just went down to San Diego and dove the Yukon. I haven't been doing much beach diving lately - on my one attempt this summer at Leo Carrillo, the waves were just too big. I did dive PV this summer off of a boat - that was different. I had never seen Turkish Towel - a red algae - before, other than in books.

Anyone else?

Friday (Oct 25th) and Sunday (27th) I will be diving out of Ventura on the Spectre for a few tanks of fun. Any body know anyone going on this trip?

Dave

I'm doing Laguna or La jolla this weekend. I dont get up to ventura much. One of these days i will though, my sisters moving to 1000 oaks i can always crash there.

Andy

I have relatives that I should visit more in Ventura and my commander keeps trying to talk me into ab diving around Ft.Bragg (I think its near Monteray). Each time I go down to visit I will post and see if any of us can get together.

Dave

I liked diving in La Jolla Cove....and I loved the swim back from the submarine canyon at La Jallo shores. My last dives were at La Jolla and on the yukon and ruby e. I would love to dive catalina sometime and I also want to go back and dive anacapa......:)

strfsh

Far as i know La Jolla shores is only good for a deep class. There is nothing there to see at all with the exception of the squid spawning for that short time per year. I do enjoy the dive there due to the lack of surf most of the time. I use the shores to test dive new gear. The conditions there are pretty consistent. The down side is the walk with doubles:(

Andy

My diving locations are Channel Islands (Anacapa and Santa Cruz), Leo Carrillo State Beach, Deer Creek, and sometimes Biltmore Beach in Santa Barbara.

I will be experiencing Shaw's Cove this weekend in my Advanced class for our night dive. I'm excited about that!

I stopped by and checked out La Jolla Shores a coupoe of weekends ago and I liked what I saw. I gotta get down there and see what all the hubbub is all about. Also looking forward to diving the Yukon and Ruby E.

strfsh once bubbled...
I liked diving in La Jolla Cove....and I loved the swim back from the submarine canyon at La Jallo shores. My last dives were at La Jolla and on the yukon and ruby e. I would love to dive catalina sometime and I also want to go back and dive anacapa......:)

Actually....La Jolla cove has kelp forests and giant sea bass. There were garibaldi also. The one draw back was the vis. wasn't that great, but I've found that to be a problem with all by beach dives so far. We did a night dive there and saw tons of lobsters.

You are right about La Jolla Shores though.....that was where we did our deep dive and there wasn't much to see....:)

hey, anyone want to hook up and do laguna this w/e? I'm up for crescent if anyone else is. Sounds like maybe trymixdiver was up for it, anyone else? Vis was pretty good yesterday, but supposed to be getting some swells in soon. We'll see, but I'd rather plan a dive than not.:D

Plus, would this be the inaugural dive of the forum? All the better.

mike

Back
Top Bottom