who is diving and where

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i was planning to hit La Jolla shores to test out some new gear. The LDS hasnt called back to let me know its ready yet though. I will be stopping by the shop at 2 pm and i will know better then.

i will post as soon as i know

Andy

just called the shop and the tech is gone until the 29th so im not sure if i am able to dive this weekend. I will call my instructor friend and see if he can help me instead.

Andy

I did my first night dive at Shaw's Cove in Laguna Beach. All I can say is WOW!

It was so spectacular. I had a much better air consumption that I have during the day at that same depth. The bioluminesence was cool to see as well as the octopus and Horn shark we played with. So much to see and so little time.

trymixdiver once bubbled...
strfsh

Far as i know La Jolla shores is only good for a deep class. There is nothing there to see at all with the exception of the squid spawning for that short time per year. I do enjoy the dive there due to the lack of surf most of the time. I use the shores to test dive new gear. The conditions there are pretty consistent. The down side is the walk with doubles:(

Andy

Wow, we must be diving different La Jolla Shores. There is a cool little crusier that sits at 130-140. There are pinnicles <sp> down in the 200 range. Night dives there is always tons of life out there... there is lots to see, you may just have to slow down a bit and open your eyes to see it all.

Kimber

TekdiveGirl

As you know La Jolla shores is not a small beach. I perfer to dive in the canyon south of the bathrooms. I like the entry at the marine room, its closer to the deeper parts of the canyon.

I may be heading down that way this weekend, where is this little cruiser you spoke of, i would enjoy checking it out.

Andy

TekdiveGirl

As you know La Jolla shores is not a small beach. I perfer to dive in the canyon south of the bathrooms. I like the entry at the marine room, its closer to the deeper parts of the canyon.

I may be heading down that way this weekend, where is this little cruiser you spoke of, i would enjoy checking it out.

Andy

Marine Room is where we do our entry for the 200+ foot dives...

The Caebzon cruiser is 240 degrees off the bathrooms at 130-140 feet. I attached a pic of it. Please leave the single metridium who has made his home there alone. The last couple that started to grow got knocked off by somebody... *sigh*

Kimber

Thankx for the info, i dont get to that side of the beach much, its a long walk from over there with doubles.

Andy
I am not talking about over by the lifeguard station but at the end of Vallecitos Street. If you get there at dark-30 in the AM you can get parking. This is the area the OW students go out of. As for the walk if you get parking it is a shorter walk than at Marine Room. And I do it all the time in my Twin LP 104s.

Kimber

I think i know what you mean, the area where everyone launches there RHIs.

Yes your right that is the closest entry point. Just remember i live 75 miles north of La Jolla shores so we r getting up very early just to be at the marine room at 6am.

Andy

I looked your link, it was very helpfull for SD diving sites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom