Who bought Rock Lake?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rookers:
Surface picture of the entry. I would consider it unlikely that an individual who is training as hard as I would not know the name of the body of water they were entering. My navigation skills are nascient, but not that bad.
My gear, mostly ready to go. 18/35 in the Worthingtons

I agree with Ft. Collins Bob on his points. Its not for the OW or even newly minted AOW diver.

Excellent. :) Thanks. Are there some pretty good places in Colorado to put that training to good use?

Are there some pretty good places in Colorado to put that training to good use?
There are some deep lakes, but those are not really part of my goals, except perhaps as training.
I visit FL for at least a month every year, and hope to put my training to use there. The Great Lakes are not that far, neither is CA for that matter.

Excellent. What was the temperature of Rock Lake at depth?

'puter shows 64.5, quite warm. The surface was much warmer and the thermocline was at about 40FFW. I want to go back in the winter when the algae is gone. It was pitch black past about 150FFW, and darn near it even at 130FFW. I have heard it's quite beautiful when the visibility is good. All I ever saw at depth were my and my team's lights on the wall.

rookers:
'puter shows 64.5, quite warm. The surface was much warmer and the thermocline was at about 40FFW. I want to go back in the winter when the algae is gone. It was pitch black past about 150FFW, and darn near it even at 130FFW. I have heard it's quite beautiful when the visibility is good. All I ever saw at depth were my and my team's lights on the wall.

Excellent. Our plan is to probably do a dive to 140 and 120 I believe. :) I'm looking forward to it.

amascuba:
Excellent. Our plan is to probably do a dive to 140 and 120 I believe. :) I'm looking forward to it.

Cool, there are some great formations at about that depth .. it takes about
30~35 minutes to get around the sink at that depth.

I would go counter-clockwise first... watch out for the outflow pipe.

bob

I will be back with my instructor and fellow students at the end of the month for some more trimix dives.

rookers:
I will be back with my instructor and fellow students at the end of the month for some more trimix dives.
I'm glad y'all can obtain admission. My Tech Inst was taking divers out, but has lost contact. Could you PM me the contact info...?

Back
Top Bottom